Don’t let its fluffy pink exterior fool you: There’s some substance beneath that undeniably girlie cover. Which isn’t to say that it’s not predictable and formulaic. Aggressively confident Jocasta ”Cas” Perry is a successful TV producer who prefers to live her life without attachments since her father walked out when she was 7. Now 33, she beds and discards men to keep them from leaving first. ”It’s easier to enjoy the moment and not expect anything more because really there isn’t anything more,” she reasons. But after meeting gorgeous, morally upstanding Darren, Cas rethinks her M.O. Needless to say, love is found all around, but Parks handles it with such wit and verve that you don’t mind indulging in such a guilty pleasure.
Game Over Don't let its fluffy pink exterior fool you: There's some substance beneath that undeniably girlie cover. Which isn't to say that it's not predictable...Game OverFictionAdele Parks Don't let its fluffy pink exterior fool you: There's some substance beneath that undeniably girlie cover. Which isn't to say that it's not predictable...2004-03-19
Genre: Fiction; Author: Adele Parks
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!