Don’t let its fluffy pink exterior fool you: There’s some substance beneath that undeniably girlie cover. Which isn’t to say that it’s not predictable and formulaic. Aggressively confident Jocasta ”Cas” Perry is a successful TV producer who prefers to live her life without attachments since her father walked out when she was 7. Now 33, she beds and discards men to keep them from leaving first. ”It’s easier to enjoy the moment and not expect anything more because really there isn’t anything more,” she reasons. But after meeting gorgeous, morally upstanding Darren, Cas rethinks her M.O. Needless to say, love is found all around, but Parks handles it with such wit and verve that you don’t mind indulging in such a guilty pleasure.
Game Over Don't let its fluffy pink exterior fool you: There's some substance beneath that undeniably girlie cover. Which isn't to say that it's not predictable...Game OverFictionAdele Parks Don't let its fluffy pink exterior fool you: There's some substance beneath that undeniably girlie cover. Which isn't to say that it's not predictable...2004-03-19
Genre: Fiction; Author: Adele Parks
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!