Don’t let its fluffy pink exterior fool you: There’s some substance beneath that undeniably girlie cover. Which isn’t to say that it’s not predictable and formulaic. Aggressively confident Jocasta ”Cas” Perry is a successful TV producer who prefers to live her life without attachments since her father walked out when she was 7. Now 33, she beds and discards men to keep them from leaving first. ”It’s easier to enjoy the moment and not expect anything more because really there isn’t anything more,” she reasons. But after meeting gorgeous, morally upstanding Darren, Cas rethinks her M.O. Needless to say, love is found all around, but Parks handles it with such wit and verve that you don’t mind indulging in such a guilty pleasure.
Game Over Don't let its fluffy pink exterior fool you: There's some substance beneath that undeniably girlie cover. Which isn't to say that it's not predictable...Game OverFictionAdele Parks Don't let its fluffy pink exterior fool you: There's some substance beneath that undeniably girlie cover. Which isn't to say that it's not predictable...2004-03-19
Genre: Fiction; Author: Adele Parks
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Paula Deen fires social media manager responsible for offensive tweet
- 'The Lego Movie' directors will pilot a Han Solo stand-alone movie
- Amy Schumer, Aziz Ansari to headline Oddball Comedy Fest
- Sonia Manzano remembers 44 years as Maria on Sesame Street
- Albert Hammond, Jr. says the Strokes don't have new music in the works
- Kaitlyn's Bachelorette blog: Ben would be a 'great husband'
- What's up next for OITNB's Ruby Rose?
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!