The good news: GameCube owners finally get to see what made the Metal Gear Solid series such a runaway hit on other consoles. The bad news: They’re getting leftovers, albeit filet mignon, in Twin Snakes, a remake that takes the classic PlayStation game and redecorates it with modern, drool-inducing graphics. Even without the new eye candy, the game would stack up well against its contemporaries. And its plot is actually more relevant today than when the original came out during the Clinton administration – you skulk around enemy territory and wipe out a gaggle of terrorists in possession of a secret experimental nuclear device. Call this nifty title a weapon of mass entertainment.
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- New 'American Horror Story' season 6 teasers will make your skin crawl
- DNC: Chelsea Clinton references 'A Wrinkle in Time,' 'Police Academy'
- Hillary Clinton quotes 'Hamilton,' slams Trump in rousing DNC speech
- Twitter reacts to Morgan Freeman-narrated Hillary Clinton doc
- 'The Voice': Bette Midler serving as mentor for Team Blake
- Shonda Rhimes on Hillary Clinton DNC film: 'I didn't have to add a plot twist!'
- Katy Perry performs 'Rise,' 'Roar' at DNC for Hillary Clinton