The good news: GameCube owners finally get to see what made the Metal Gear Solid series such a runaway hit on other consoles. The bad news: They’re getting leftovers, albeit filet mignon, in Twin Snakes, a remake that takes the classic PlayStation game and redecorates it with modern, drool-inducing graphics. Even without the new eye candy, the game would stack up well against its contemporaries. And its plot is actually more relevant today than when the original came out during the Clinton administration – you skulk around enemy territory and wipe out a gaggle of terrorists in possession of a secret experimental nuclear device. Call this nifty title a weapon of mass entertainment.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Dancing with the Stars celeb blog: Robert Herjavec on the rumba, spray tan and his very special guest
- Check out a preview of David Duchovny's solo album, 'Hell or Highwater'
- 'New Girl' renewed for season 5
- iLoveMakonnen drops new mixtape 'Drink More Water 5'
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' player Shirin tells all
- 'Empire' is TV's hottest new hit. So how does it stay on top?
- Jay Z on epic Tidal rlaunch: 'We're in this for the right reasons'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!