The good news: GameCube owners finally get to see what made the Metal Gear Solid series such a runaway hit on other consoles. The bad news: They’re getting leftovers, albeit filet mignon, in Twin Snakes, a remake that takes the classic PlayStation game and redecorates it with modern, drool-inducing graphics. Even without the new eye candy, the game would stack up well against its contemporaries. And its plot is actually more relevant today than when the original came out during the Clinton administration – you skulk around enemy territory and wipe out a gaggle of terrorists in possession of a secret experimental nuclear device. Call this nifty title a weapon of mass entertainment.
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!