The good news: GameCube owners finally get to see what made the Metal Gear Solid series such a runaway hit on other consoles. The bad news: They’re getting leftovers, albeit filet mignon, in Twin Snakes, a remake that takes the classic PlayStation game and redecorates it with modern, drool-inducing graphics. Even without the new eye candy, the game would stack up well against its contemporaries. And its plot is actually more relevant today than when the original came out during the Clinton administration – you skulk around enemy territory and wipe out a gaggle of terrorists in possession of a secret experimental nuclear device. Call this nifty title a weapon of mass entertainment.
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters