The good news: GameCube owners finally get to see what made the Metal Gear Solid series such a runaway hit on other consoles. The bad news: They’re getting leftovers, albeit filet mignon, in Twin Snakes, a remake that takes the classic PlayStation game and redecorates it with modern, drool-inducing graphics. Even without the new eye candy, the game would stack up well against its contemporaries. And its plot is actually more relevant today than when the original came out during the Clinton administration – you skulk around enemy territory and wipe out a gaggle of terrorists in possession of a secret experimental nuclear device. Call this nifty title a weapon of mass entertainment.
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Bob's Burgers' renewed for two more seasons
- Janis Joplin documentary gets November release date
- Strong return for 'The Flash;' female teens still dig 'Scream Queens'
- 'Blood & Oil' casts Hap's ex-wife — exclusive
- Julianne Moore praises the real-life people who inspired 'Freeheld'
- Hey, Tom Hanks: Lauren from Fordham University has been found
- 'Aladdin' honest trailer reminds us why it's really Genie's movie