The good news: GameCube owners finally get to see what made the Metal Gear Solid series such a runaway hit on other consoles. The bad news: They’re getting leftovers, albeit filet mignon, in Twin Snakes, a remake that takes the classic PlayStation game and redecorates it with modern, drool-inducing graphics. Even without the new eye candy, the game would stack up well against its contemporaries. And its plot is actually more relevant today than when the original came out during the Clinton administration – you skulk around enemy territory and wipe out a gaggle of terrorists in possession of a secret experimental nuclear device. Call this nifty title a weapon of mass entertainment.
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the cover of Moïra Fowley Doyle's YA debut The Accident Season
- Chance the Rapper and Alec Baldwin's unexpected collaboration
- Diplo's Major Lazer project teams up with DJ Snake and MØ for 'Lean On'
- Robert Downey Jr. announces charity contest for trip to Age of Ultron premiere
- 'The Sound of Music' turns 50: We rank the Von Trapp children
- 'Downton Abbey' boss breaks down season 5 finale's surprises