Remember the good old days of gaming? If you do, this takeoff on Metroid (first released way back in 1986) should be an intergalactic trip down memory lane. Instead of throwing a new coat of paint on an old classic, Nintendo has done an extreme makeover: There are spruced-up levels, new moves, and a mapping feature to help you get around the planet Zebes. The biggest drawback: The game can be finished in a mere five hours. Still, play this Metroid adventure and you’ll be reminded just why Nintendo ruled the game industry in the late ’80s.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!