Remember the good old days of gaming? If you do, this takeoff on Metroid (first released way back in 1986) should be an intergalactic trip down memory lane. Instead of throwing a new coat of paint on an old classic, Nintendo has done an extreme makeover: There are spruced-up levels, new moves, and a mapping feature to help you get around the planet Zebes. The biggest drawback: The game can be finished in a mere five hours. Still, play this Metroid adventure and you’ll be reminded just why Nintendo ruled the game industry in the late ’80s.
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Demi Lovato speaks out on mental illness before performing at DNC
- DNC staffers get engaged on convention stage
- Britney Spears 'explored some new things' on upcoming album
- 'Hamilton' star lands title role in 'Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks'
- Rory Feek to remember late wife, Joey, in new memoir
- Matt Damon recaps 'Jason Bourne' franchise in 90 seconds
- Steve Aoki's 'I'll Sleep When I'm Dead' Netflix gets trailer
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels