Remember the good old days of gaming? If you do, this takeoff on Metroid (first released way back in 1986) should be an intergalactic trip down memory lane. Instead of throwing a new coat of paint on an old classic, Nintendo has done an extreme makeover: There are spruced-up levels, new moves, and a mapping feature to help you get around the planet Zebes. The biggest drawback: The game can be finished in a mere five hours. Still, play this Metroid adventure and you’ll be reminded just why Nintendo ruled the game industry in the late ’80s.
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Michael B. Jordan and Kate Mara address awkward 'Fantastic Four' interview
- Elvis Presley's classic hits get orchestral makeovers in new album
- Lewis Black calls Jon Stewart the 'Walter Cronkite of his generation'
- Cheryl Boone Isaacs re-elected Academy president
- Ridley Scott hints that 'Prometheus' sequel will be next
- 'Walking Dead' star Melissa McBride: Season 6 is a 'crazy ride'
- EA announces 'Star Wars: Battlefront' Fighter Squadron mode