Remember the good old days of gaming? If you do, this takeoff on Metroid (first released way back in 1986) should be an intergalactic trip down memory lane. Instead of throwing a new coat of paint on an old classic, Nintendo has done an extreme makeover: There are spruced-up levels, new moves, and a mapping feature to help you get around the planet Zebes. The biggest drawback: The game can be finished in a mere five hours. Still, play this Metroid adventure and you’ll be reminded just why Nintendo ruled the game industry in the late ’80s.
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Heavy metal meets demonic mayhem in 'Deathgasm' trailer
- 'Star Wars Battlefront' beta arriving in October
- Helena Bonham Carter cast in Nick Hornby's adaptation of 'Love, Nina'
- Spielberg predicts superhero movies will go 'the way of the Western'
- Joaquin Phoenix talks 'Doctor Strange' rumors, views on franchise films
- Alabama Shakes frontwoman Brittany Howard drops surprise album
- 8 debut albums to get excited about this fall
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Diane Kruger, Padma Lakshmi, Elle Fanning & More!