Remember the good old days of gaming? If you do, this takeoff on Metroid (first released way back in 1986) should be an intergalactic trip down memory lane. Instead of throwing a new coat of paint on an old classic, Nintendo has done an extreme makeover: There are spruced-up levels, new moves, and a mapping feature to help you get around the planet Zebes. The biggest drawback: The game can be finished in a mere five hours. Still, play this Metroid adventure and you’ll be reminded just why Nintendo ruled the game industry in the late ’80s.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' earns $187.7M at weekend box office, second-best U.S. debut ever
- Spice Girls reunite at David Beckham's birthday
- 'Dances With Wolves' writer Michael Blake dies
- Jamie Foxx's National Anthem at Mayweather-Pacquiao fight: You be the judge
- 'Orphan Black' bosses on 'an interesting revelation for us'
- 'SNL': How'd Scarlett Johansson and Wiz Khalifa do?
- 'Scandal' panel: 5 best moments, season finale teases
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Kerry Washington, Plus Gwen Stefani, the Spelling-McDermott Family & More!