As the dingoes chew my feet away/And the crows peck out my eyes/I’m swingin’ in the shadows of the gallows.” That’s from the soundtrack of Ned Kelly – not the upcoming version with Heath Ledger, mind you, but the original oddity starring Mick Jagger as Australia’s celebrated 19th-century outlaw and anticolonial freedom fighter. Mick doesn’t sing the tunes – the late Waylon Jennings handles the wailin’. Didn’t write them either – that honor belongs to poet Shel Silverstein, who knew Where the Sidewalk Ends but couldn’t seem to figure out where his dreary ballads should. No, Sir Mick is here as an actor – at least, in theory. In practice, he’s here to talk robotically, fist-fight unconvincingly, and garnish his giant lips with terrifying period facial hair. All of which makes Ned a must for the curio collector, and a must-avoid for everyone else.
Ned Kelly (Movie - 1970) As the dingoes chew my feet away/And the crows peck out my eyes/I'm swingin' in the shadows of the gallows.'' That's from the soundtrack of Ned Kelly ...Ned Kelly (Movie - 1970)PG As the dingoes chew my feet away/And the crows peck out my eyes/I'm swingin' in the shadows of the gallows.'' That's from the soundtrack of Ned Kelly ...2004-03-19
Starring: Mick Jagger; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Ryan Reynolds give Conan O’Brien a massage as Deadpool (with panda tears)
- Kevin Bacon campaigns for more male nudity in Hollywood in mock PSA
- See the red band trailer for Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool'
- 'Playing House' season 2 premiere react: Did you find the BFFs' return 'totes kewl'?
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on that 'uncomfortable' Twitter save
- Casting Net: Will Smith replaces Hugh Jackman in 'Collateral Beauty'
- 9 spoilers on 'Grey’s Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'Murder'