”And then time slowed and Schofield did the impossible. He let the WRX ride so high up the rocky wall that, five meters short of the tunnel’s archway, the electric blue rally car went too high…and rolled…to the left, turning completely upside down…so that it landed, on its roof…on the roof of the low-slung Ferrari traveling beside it.” If that ungainly slice of Hot Wheels fantasy does it for you, then you should by all means tear into Aussie wunderkind Matthew Reilly’s newest techno-thriller. The international-bounty-hunt-cum-world-domination yarn is so lightning-paced – the book’s hero, U.S. Marine Capt. Shane ”Scarecrow” Schofield, races through Siberia, Afghanistan, France,Italy, and Saudi Arabia…all in one day! – that you’ll barely be able to register the gaping plot holes or infinite last-second escapes. Ultimately, we’d rather play Splinter Cell.
Scarecrow ''And then time slowed and Schofield did the impossible. He let the WRX ride so high up the rocky wall that, five meters short of the tunnel's archway...ScarecrowFictionMatthew Reilly ''And then time slowed and Schofield did the impossible. He let the WRX ride so high up the rocky wall that, five meters short of the tunnel's archway...2004-03-19
Genre: Fiction; Author: Matthew Reilly
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Juliette Lewis talks explosive 'Secrets and Lies' finale
- Tom Cruise joins the world of gods and monsters in 'The Mummy' trailer
- 'Once Upon a Time': The hooded figure is revealed!
- Justin Bieber confirms he's single: 'I'm not really looking either'
- 'The Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun marries Joana Pak
- Donald Trump makes cinema great again on hilarious Instagram account
- 'Transformers' teases new trailer in behind-the-scenes clip
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big