Sure, Jennifer Garner looked lovely in Valentino at the Oscars, but what about the frocks that never made it to the red carpet? ”Three [other couture] dresses were custom-made for her, but they just didn’t work,” says her stylist, Rachel Zoe Rosenzweig. Great for Valentino, not so great for those other designerswhose fortunes can hinge on a red-carpet hit. Other Oscar switcheroos included Kelly Lynch wearing Zac Posen despite an Armani press release that boasted she’d chosen its ”charcoal/black dress” and Angelina Jolie forgoing Chopard baubles for a $10 million H. Stern necklace. ”If you want to be in the gameand it’s not for the weak of heart you just go with it,” says Susan Ashbrook of L.A.-based Film Fashion, which reps Chopard. ”[Angelina] didn’t end up choosing Chopard, but…she’ll consider it for other eventsand there are always other events.”
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Matthew Fox is a post-apocalyptic DJ in 'Extinction' trailer – exclusive
- 'Hollywood Teen Medium' is an actual new TV show
- Gregg Sulkin brings all the boys to his yard on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Protestors chant Kendrick Lamar’s ‘Alright’ in support of #BlackLivesMatter
- Ask the Critic: Overlooked 2015 gems and the movies I wish I could review again
- Trevor Noah reveals Daily Show changes (including less Fox News focus)
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!