Sure, Jennifer Garner looked lovely in Valentino at the Oscars, but what about the frocks that never made it to the red carpet? ”Three [other couture] dresses were custom-made for her, but they just didn’t work,” says her stylist, Rachel Zoe Rosenzweig. Great for Valentino, not so great for those other designerswhose fortunes can hinge on a red-carpet hit. Other Oscar switcheroos included Kelly Lynch wearing Zac Posen despite an Armani press release that boasted she’d chosen its ”charcoal/black dress” and Angelina Jolie forgoing Chopard baubles for a $10 million H. Stern necklace. ”If you want to be in the gameand it’s not for the weak of heart you just go with it,” says Susan Ashbrook of L.A.-based Film Fashion, which reps Chopard. ”[Angelina] didn’t end up choosing Chopard, but…she’ll consider it for other eventsand there are always other events.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Mr. Sloane' creator talks about his Nick Frost sitcom and the future of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'
- U2 puts on surprise performance on New York subway platform
- Sex workers featured on A&E's '8 Minutes' say network failed to offer help, privacy
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' preview clip: Meet the judges
- 'Conan' is going to Comic-Con
- Barbarossa wanders the woods in video for sparse 'Imager'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!