Sure, Jennifer Garner looked lovely in Valentino at the Oscars, but what about the frocks that never made it to the red carpet? ”Three [other couture] dresses were custom-made for her, but they just didn’t work,” says her stylist, Rachel Zoe Rosenzweig. Great for Valentino, not so great for those other designerswhose fortunes can hinge on a red-carpet hit. Other Oscar switcheroos included Kelly Lynch wearing Zac Posen despite an Armani press release that boasted she’d chosen its ”charcoal/black dress” and Angelina Jolie forgoing Chopard baubles for a $10 million H. Stern necklace. ”If you want to be in the gameand it’s not for the weak of heart you just go with it,” says Susan Ashbrook of L.A.-based Film Fashion, which reps Chopard. ”[Angelina] didn’t end up choosing Chopard, but…she’ll consider it for other eventsand there are always other events.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!