Sure, Jennifer Garner looked lovely in Valentino at the Oscars, but what about the frocks that never made it to the red carpet? ”Three [other couture] dresses were custom-made for her, but they just didn’t work,” says her stylist, Rachel Zoe Rosenzweig. Great for Valentino, not so great for those other designerswhose fortunes can hinge on a red-carpet hit. Other Oscar switcheroos included Kelly Lynch wearing Zac Posen despite an Armani press release that boasted she’d chosen its ”charcoal/black dress” and Angelina Jolie forgoing Chopard baubles for a $10 million H. Stern necklace. ”If you want to be in the gameand it’s not for the weak of heart you just go with it,” says Susan Ashbrook of L.A.-based Film Fashion, which reps Chopard. ”[Angelina] didn’t end up choosing Chopard, but…she’ll consider it for other eventsand there are always other events.”
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- See the Foo Fighters rock out with Blues Traveler's John Popper
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!