Sure, Jennifer Garner looked lovely in Valentino at the Oscars, but what about the frocks that never made it to the red carpet? ”Three [other couture] dresses were custom-made for her, but they just didn’t work,” says her stylist, Rachel Zoe Rosenzweig. Great for Valentino, not so great for those other designerswhose fortunes can hinge on a red-carpet hit. Other Oscar switcheroos included Kelly Lynch wearing Zac Posen despite an Armani press release that boasted she’d chosen its ”charcoal/black dress” and Angelina Jolie forgoing Chopard baubles for a $10 million H. Stern necklace. ”If you want to be in the gameand it’s not for the weak of heart you just go with it,” says Susan Ashbrook of L.A.-based Film Fashion, which reps Chopard. ”[Angelina] didn’t end up choosing Chopard, but…she’ll consider it for other eventsand there are always other events.”
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Frightened Rabbit reveal why they don't want to play stadiums
- The Ice Bucket Challenge helped fund the discovery of a new ALS gene
- Nas, Erykah Badu team for brooding 'This Bitter Land'
- This Week's Cover: 'The Walking Dead' is 'Negan's world now'
- Jason Derulo to guest star on Fox's 'Lethal Weapon' — exclusive
- Zach Galifianakis looks criminally dumb in 'Masterminds' images
- Jared Leto salutes Heath Ledger's Joker
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels