Rockers of a certain age love P.J. Soles, the pixie-cute Stripes star best known as Riff Randell, the teen leader of the Ramones revolution in Rock ‘n’ Roll High School. But Scott Lucas – the 33-year-old frontman for Local H, an Illinois-based grunge band that popped big with 1996’s As Good as Dead – loves her so much he wrote ”P.J. Soles,” the best song on H’s new album, Whatever Happened to P.J. Soles? (in stores April 6). ”She’s P.J. Soles, what can you say?” explains Lucas, a fan of Soles’ work in Halloween (”I must’ve seen it a million times at this point”), who named the album ”partly out of tribute, and partly because there’s this whole VH1 where-are-they-now culture that kind of makes me sick.” So, okay, we get the ironic commentary of the title and all, but we’re still awfully curious: Whatever did happen to P.J. Soles? ”It is a good question, because I ask it all the time,” jokes Soles, reached by phone at her Los Angeles home. ”Whatever happened to my career?” The mother of two (and ex-wife of Dennis Quaid) says she’s ”totally honored” to be the album’s muse, and adds that she gets the adoring-young-male-fan thing all the time. ”Now, if only someone like a Quentin Tarantino would be in love with me,” she laughs.
Posted March 19 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Elmo Williams, Oscar-winning editor of 'High Noon,' dies at 102
- See Sylvester Stallone become Rocky in this ultimate training montage
- See Po uncover the Secret Panda Village in new 'Kung Fu Panda 3' clip
- Setsuko Hara, Japanese screen legend, dies at 95
- Bryan Cranston moved to tears while discussing pivotal 'Breaking Bad' scene
- See photos from 'Arrow'-'The Flash' crossover with 'Legends of Tomorrow'
- Jon Favreau's 'Chef' is going Bollywood
- Taraji P. Henson's Biggest Moments in 2015
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year