Britney Spears’ Onyx Hotel is temporarily closed for repairs. The 22-year-old singer put her Onyx Hotel Tour on hold after she injured her knee on Thursday while performing a dance move during the song ”Boom Boom” near the end of her concert in Moline, Ill., the Associated Press reports. She reappeared on stage in a white bathrobe and apologized to the audience for cutting the show short. She not only scrapped two encore numbers, but also Friday’s Chicago show and Sunday’s concert in Detroit. The two shows will be rescheduled in April, Reuters reports. Spears’ label, Jive, said in a statement that she would be back on stage Tuesday in Atlanta, and her March 28 show in Miami, which will be broadcast live on Showtime, is expected to proceed as scheduled.
Posted March 22 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good
- Woody Allen on Dylan Farrow accusations: 'I get harassed all the time on it'
- 'Game of Thrones' star Maisie Williams: 'It's time to wrap this up'
- Nate Parker comments on rape trial controversy in Ebony interview
- 'Beauty and the Beast' photos reveal Cogsworth, Lumière, and the Prince