Watch out, Will Ferrell, you’re about to have the world’s witchiest mother-in-law. Ferrell, who is playing the hapless mortal Darrin opposite Nicole Kidman’s Samantha in the upcoming big screen version of ”Bewitched,” will face the wrath of Endora, with Shirley MacLaine playing the role made famous by Agnes Moorehead. Variety reports that MacLaine is in talks to play Samantha’s mom, with Michael Caine negotiating to play her dad. The movie will mark a reunion for MacLaine and Caine, who starred together nearly 40 years ago in the 1966 caper film ”Gambit.” Both senior actors remain as busy as ever, with MacLaine shooting ”In Her Shoes” with Cameron Diaz and Caine playing butler Alfred in ”Batman Begins” before ”Bewitched” goes into production this summer. Their casting also means that Ferrell is the only one of the principals who hasn’t won an Oscar. Maybe when ”Elf II” comes out…
(Shirley Maclaine: AP)
Posted March 22 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- How the mysterious world of gymnastics inspired Megan Abbot's new book
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive photos of Negan's victims fighting back
- Stars celebrate Hillary Clinton after powerful DNC speech
- 'Ash vs Evil Dead' S2 to feature 'worst onscreen death in history'
- Andy Grammer on writing for his third album: 'I'm having a blast'
- James Gunn says Star-Lord's dad in 'GOTG 2' isn't a spoiler
- 'Star Trek Beyond': Why Chris Pine feels like Captain Kirk