Watch out, Will Ferrell, you’re about to have the world’s witchiest mother-in-law. Ferrell, who is playing the hapless mortal Darrin opposite Nicole Kidman’s Samantha in the upcoming big screen version of ”Bewitched,” will face the wrath of Endora, with Shirley MacLaine playing the role made famous by Agnes Moorehead. Variety reports that MacLaine is in talks to play Samantha’s mom, with Michael Caine negotiating to play her dad. The movie will mark a reunion for MacLaine and Caine, who starred together nearly 40 years ago in the 1966 caper film ”Gambit.” Both senior actors remain as busy as ever, with MacLaine shooting ”In Her Shoes” with Cameron Diaz and Caine playing butler Alfred in ”Batman Begins” before ”Bewitched” goes into production this summer. Their casting also means that Ferrell is the only one of the principals who hasn’t won an Oscar. Maybe when ”Elf II” comes out…
(Shirley Maclaine: AP)
Posted March 22 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Nicolas Cage to star in parental thriller 'Mom and Dad'
- 'The Originals' boss on the casting change you may have missed
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on his acerbic antihero 'Deadpool'
- Universal wins film rights for 'Gone Girl' author's ghost story 'The Grownup'
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down Damon's big fight scene
- Inside Disneyland's magical Dream Suite
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters