Watch out, Will Ferrell, you’re about to have the world’s witchiest mother-in-law. Ferrell, who is playing the hapless mortal Darrin opposite Nicole Kidman’s Samantha in the upcoming big screen version of ”Bewitched,” will face the wrath of Endora, with Shirley MacLaine playing the role made famous by Agnes Moorehead. Variety reports that MacLaine is in talks to play Samantha’s mom, with Michael Caine negotiating to play her dad. The movie will mark a reunion for MacLaine and Caine, who starred together nearly 40 years ago in the 1966 caper film ”Gambit.” Both senior actors remain as busy as ever, with MacLaine shooting ”In Her Shoes” with Cameron Diaz and Caine playing butler Alfred in ”Batman Begins” before ”Bewitched” goes into production this summer. Their casting also means that Ferrell is the only one of the principals who hasn’t won an Oscar. Maybe when ”Elf II” comes out…
(Shirley Maclaine: AP)
Posted March 22 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Aaron Sorkin's Silicon Valley
- New York Comic Con attendees fail Jimmy Fallon's pop culture quiz
- James Corden explains what it's like to receive a medal from the Queen
- Stephen Colbert provided some much needed 'Life Hacks' on 'The Late Show'
- See Colbert & Corden sing a spectacular rendition of 'Me and My Shadow'
- Whoopi Goldberg and Jimmy Fallon played Nelly and Jeff Daniels in Pictionary
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication