Watch out, Will Ferrell, you’re about to have the world’s witchiest mother-in-law. Ferrell, who is playing the hapless mortal Darrin opposite Nicole Kidman’s Samantha in the upcoming big screen version of ”Bewitched,” will face the wrath of Endora, with Shirley MacLaine playing the role made famous by Agnes Moorehead. Variety reports that MacLaine is in talks to play Samantha’s mom, with Michael Caine negotiating to play her dad. The movie will mark a reunion for MacLaine and Caine, who starred together nearly 40 years ago in the 1966 caper film ”Gambit.” Both senior actors remain as busy as ever, with MacLaine shooting ”In Her Shoes” with Cameron Diaz and Caine playing butler Alfred in ”Batman Begins” before ”Bewitched” goes into production this summer. Their casting also means that Ferrell is the only one of the principals who hasn’t won an Oscar. Maybe when ”Elf II” comes out…
(Shirley Maclaine: AP)
Posted March 22 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?