He’s kept silent since 1993, but the boy who accused Michael Jackson then of molesting him may be compelled to testify in the current molestation case against the singer. According to the Santa Barbara News-Press, local prosecutors may subpoena the now-adult accuser, who has kept mum since he and Jackson reached an out-of-court settlement that reportedly paid the boy tens of millions of dollars. At the time, he refused to help prosecutors press a criminal case against Jackson, and no charges were filed against the singer, who insisted, then as now, that he had done nothing wrong. Now, however, prosecutors are considering ordering the 1993 accuser to testify before a grand jury in order to suggest a pattern of behavior, the News-Press reports. Jurors will be selected next week, the paper reports.
Posted March 22 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- How Tom Cruise tortured Simon Pegg on the set of 'Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation'
- Venice Film Festival 2015 lineup announced
- Natalie Imbruglia explains 'Male' cover choices
- Tina Fey's Beyonce lip-sync is ***Flawless
- Jon Stewart: New 'Nightly Show' 'Don't Give a S---' correspondent
- Drake disses Meek Mill in new freestyle: 'Is that a world tour or your girl's tour?'
- Jimmy Kimmel chokes up over death of Cecil the lion
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ellie Kemper, Matthew Fox, The VS Angels & More!