Best known as a Sinatra scholar, NYC radio personality Schwartz has a musical history that goes way beyond Ol’ Blue Eyes to Jerome Kern, Richard Rodgers, and his father, Arthur Schwartz, the composer of such standards as ”Dancing in the Dark” and ”That’s Entertainment.” Those were the songs of Schwartz’s childhood, melodies that underscored his mother’s illness, Dad’s Broadway hits and flops, a lullaby from Judy Garland, and talking love and baseball with Jackie Robinson. His life hasn’t just been high notes: He started drinking at age 10, struggled with his stepmother, and spent time at the Betty Ford Center. (And as a lifelong Red Sox fan, he knows disappointment.) Yet there’s more triumph and tragedy in this overstuffed autobiography than in most people’s entire lives.
All In Good Time Best known as a Sinatra scholar, NYC radio personality Schwartz has a musical history that goes way beyond Ol' Blue Eyes to Jerome Kern, Richard...All In Good TimeNonfictionJonathan Schwartz Best known as a Sinatra scholar, NYC radio personality Schwartz has a musical history that goes way beyond Ol' Blue Eyes to Jerome Kern, Richard...2004-03-26
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Jonathan Schwartz
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Game of Thrones,' 'SHIELD,' 'Arrow' and more
- Gone Girl writer Gillian Flynn to collaborate with Steve McQueen on heist thriller
- 'Sherlock' season 4: 'Frightening, tough, emotional upheaval'
- 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone' illustrated edition cover art revealed
- 'Castle' sneak peek: Did Beckett and Castle just dig their own graves?
- Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst reminds everyone he is not Robert Durst
- Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool...on a bearskin rug: 'With great power, comes great irresponsibility'
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!