The title says it all. Trying to appease the girls and the gangstas, Philadelphia newcomer and Swizz Beatz protege Cassidy’s debut flipflops between throat-scarring thug cuts (”Pop That Cannon”) and hip-grinding loverman fare (”Make U Scream”). The R. Kelly-penned ”Hotel” is already a slinky hit, but a lack of equally catchy hooks and Cassidy’s unimaginative flow sentence this CD to the cutout bin.
Lead Performer: Cassidy; Producer (group): Full Surface Records, J Records
Posted March 26 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE drops Gavin DeGraw collaboration 'Brother'—exclusive premiere
- Disney Junior to intro Elena of Avalor, its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters