Adrien Brody’s next Academy Award-nominated liplock partner may be Naomi Watts. Variety reports that the ”Pianist” star is in talks to join Watts and Jack Black as the third lead in Peter Jackson’s ”King Kong” remake. News of Universal’s casting offer comes one day after the ”Lord of the Rings” director announced he’d hired Black to join Watts on the upcoming New Zealand shoot. Brody would play Jack Driscoll, the World War I pilot and adventurer who joins filmmaker Carl Denham (Black) and starlet Ann Darrow (Watts) on Skull Island, where he finds himself vying for her affections with the big gorilla. Of course, to compete with the Oscar-winning osculator, Kong may need a silo-sized spray tube of Binaca.
(Adrien Brody: Tammie Arroyo/AP)
Posted March 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Shaft' remake finds its writers, including 'Black-ish' creator
- 'Longmire' is 'more complete and more complex' on Netflix
- 'Welcome to Sweden' canceled by NBC
- Kung Fu Panda 3 filmmaker explains why Kai is the series' first supernatural villain
- Queen Latifah, Mary J. Blige to star in NBC's The Wiz
- Marvel's Jessica Jones is 'incredibly flawed'
- Want to buy Jesse's 'Breaking Bad' house?
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!