Adrien Brody’s next Academy Award-nominated liplock partner may be Naomi Watts. Variety reports that the ”Pianist” star is in talks to join Watts and Jack Black as the third lead in Peter Jackson’s ”King Kong” remake. News of Universal’s casting offer comes one day after the ”Lord of the Rings” director announced he’d hired Black to join Watts on the upcoming New Zealand shoot. Brody would play Jack Driscoll, the World War I pilot and adventurer who joins filmmaker Carl Denham (Black) and starlet Ann Darrow (Watts) on Skull Island, where he finds himself vying for her affections with the big gorilla. Of course, to compete with the Oscar-winning osculator, Kong may need a silo-sized spray tube of Binaca.
(Adrien Brody: Tammie Arroyo/AP)
Posted March 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mark Zuckerberg welcomes baby, pledges 99% of Facebook stock to charity
- See exclusive preview pages from Z2 Comics' 'Carver: A Paris Adventure'
- Lady Gaga's 'Poker Face' goes diamond
- Brie Larson and Saoirse Ronan to be honored by Santa Barbara Film Festival
- 'Survivor Talk': Stephen and Ciera critique each other's games
- New honest trailer points out how 'Minions' is kind of like 'Joey'
- Digital stars call for YouTube to delete Sam Pepper's channel