Adrien Brody’s next Academy Award-nominated liplock partner may be Naomi Watts. Variety reports that the ”Pianist” star is in talks to join Watts and Jack Black as the third lead in Peter Jackson’s ”King Kong” remake. News of Universal’s casting offer comes one day after the ”Lord of the Rings” director announced he’d hired Black to join Watts on the upcoming New Zealand shoot. Brody would play Jack Driscoll, the World War I pilot and adventurer who joins filmmaker Carl Denham (Black) and starlet Ann Darrow (Watts) on Skull Island, where he finds himself vying for her affections with the big gorilla. Of course, to compete with the Oscar-winning osculator, Kong may need a silo-sized spray tube of Binaca.
(Adrien Brody: Tammie Arroyo/AP)
Posted March 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Pearl Jam play 'Ten' front to back in Philly
- 'The Originals' boss on the difficulties of killing a beloved character
- 'The Originals' boss on [spoiler]'s heartbreaking death, hope for Davina
- 'The Originals' victim 'cried' over that tragic death
- Charli XCX releases sleek, dance-heavy video for single 'Vroom Vroom'
- 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down tonight's action sequences
- John Krasinski to star in 'Jack Ryan' Amazon series
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch