Adrien Brody’s next Academy Award-nominated liplock partner may be Naomi Watts. Variety reports that the ”Pianist” star is in talks to join Watts and Jack Black as the third lead in Peter Jackson’s ”King Kong” remake. News of Universal’s casting offer comes one day after the ”Lord of the Rings” director announced he’d hired Black to join Watts on the upcoming New Zealand shoot. Brody would play Jack Driscoll, the World War I pilot and adventurer who joins filmmaker Carl Denham (Black) and starlet Ann Darrow (Watts) on Skull Island, where he finds himself vying for her affections with the big gorilla. Of course, to compete with the Oscar-winning osculator, Kong may need a silo-sized spray tube of Binaca.
(Adrien Brody: Tammie Arroyo/AP)
Posted March 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!