Well, he did look kind of apelike in his semi-clothed performance in ”Orange County,” but did you expect Jack Black to land a starring role in Peter Jackson’s much-anticipated remake of ”King Kong”? According to the Hollywood Reporter, Black will play Carl Denham, the adventure-seeking filmmaker who brings starlet Ann Darrow (Naomi Watts) to a remote island in the South Pacific, where he inadvertently introduces her to the tallest, darkest leading man in movie history. ”I’ve been wanting to work with Jack Black ever since I saw him in ‘High Fidelity,”’ said the ”Lord of the Rings” director, who will shoot ”Kong” later this year in New Zealand. ”He’s a smart and versatile actor blessed with an abundance of energy and charm and I’m absolutely thrilled that he is joining us on ‘Kong.”’ Black next appears on screen in April’s ”Envy,” which must be what a lot of more conventional Hollywood leading men are feeling right now over the ”Kong” casting.
(Jack Black: Jennifer Graylock/AP)
Posted March 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Dave Grohl celebrates Chicago’s music scene at Wrigley Field show
- Taylor Swift is really, really excited for the 'Wildest Dreams' music video debut
- Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart almost joined Taylor Swift on tour
- 'We Are Your Friends' had one of the worst openings in history
- Details on the 'AHS: Hotel' Halloween episodes with Lily Rabe and Darren Criss
- 'Hannibal' finale review: A perversely romantic, totally satisfying last supper
- Caitlyn Jenner on the realities of dating as a transgender woman
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Khloeé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!