”Toxic” is apparently more than just the title of Britney Spears’ recent single. The singer has canceled her third concert in three weeks for health reasons, postponing Thursday night’s Cleveland show even as fans were lining up in the rain at the Gund Arena. Publicist Leslie Sloane Zelnik told the Associated Press she didn’t know the specifics of Spears’ ailment, but Cleveland TV station WKYC quoted a spokesperson as saying Spears had come down with the flu. The show, postponed until June 29, follows recently scrapped dates outside Chicago and Detroit, with Spears citing a knee injury she suffered during a dance move onstage. Note to Britney: If you’re seriously planning to tour China, as recent reports have suggested, be sure to get your shots.
(Britney Spears: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage.com)
Posted April 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Diana Douglas, mother of Michael Douglas and ex-wife of Kirk Douglas, dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!