”Toxic” is apparently more than just the title of Britney Spears’ recent single. The singer has canceled her third concert in three weeks for health reasons, postponing Thursday night’s Cleveland show even as fans were lining up in the rain at the Gund Arena. Publicist Leslie Sloane Zelnik told the Associated Press she didn’t know the specifics of Spears’ ailment, but Cleveland TV station WKYC quoted a spokesperson as saying Spears had come down with the flu. The show, postponed until June 29, follows recently scrapped dates outside Chicago and Detroit, with Spears citing a knee injury she suffered during a dance move onstage. Note to Britney: If you’re seriously planning to tour China, as recent reports have suggested, be sure to get your shots.
(Britney Spears: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage.com)
Posted April 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- This is what the guy who voiced Arnold in 'Hey Arnold' looks like now
- 'Applesauce' cast talks sex and severed body parts
- James Gunn comments on Star-Lord dad rumors
- 'All My Children' and 'Bonanza' star David Canary dies at 77
- 'Martyrs' remake: Exclusive release details for Troian Bellisario-starring horror movie
- Box office preview: 'The Good Dinosaur,' 'Creed' enter the ring
- Mark Strong on his epic role in 'A View from the Bridge'