It bends your brain and breaks your heart. The new film written by Charlie Kaufman starts at the bitter end of the affair between Joel (Jim Carrey) and Clementine (Kate Winslet). It then works backwards, as Joel’s memories are erased: They’re peak moments of lost love unspooling in the revival theater of his mind.
Genre: Drama, Comedy, Romance; Starring: Jim Carrey, Kirsten Dunst, Kate Winslet, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Wilkinson, Elijah Wood; Director: Michel Gondry; Author: Charlie Kaufman; Release Date Wide: 03/19/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 108; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Focus Features
Posted April 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Nicolas Cage to star in parental thriller 'Mom and Dad'
- 'The Originals' boss on the casting change you may have missed
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on his acerbic antihero 'Deadpool'
- Universal wins film rights for 'Gone Girl' author's ghost story 'The Grownup'
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down Damon's big fight scene
- Inside Disneyland's magical Dream Suite
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters