It bends your brain and breaks your heart. The new film written by Charlie Kaufman starts at the bitter end of the affair between Joel (Jim Carrey) and Clementine (Kate Winslet). It then works backwards, as Joel’s memories are erased: They’re peak moments of lost love unspooling in the revival theater of his mind.
Genre: Drama, Comedy, Romance; Starring: Jim Carrey, Kirsten Dunst, Kate Winslet, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Wilkinson, Elijah Wood; Director: Michel Gondry; Author: Charlie Kaufman; Release Date Wide: 03/19/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 108; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Focus Features
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- 'Home' is where the weekend box office crown is: $54M debut
- Destiny's Child reunited at Stellar Gospel Music Awards
- Angelina Jolie visits the Kids Choice Awards
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!