Johansen rarely strays far from her formula: (1) A tough, damaged woman has a special gift – in this case, it’s Kerry Murphy, a fire survivor who awakens from a coma with the bizarre ability to identify arson and sense when her friends are aflame; (2) a macho hero needs the heroine’s gift – thus we have Brad Silver, a mind-controlling undercover agent tracking down (3) a diabolical villain, here the inventor of a combustion thingie that he’s trying to sell to the North Koreans…after he kills off the techies who helped build it; (4) girl clashes with boy, boy says funny, un-dudelike dialogue (”You’re damn tooting”), and they find love, healing, and action. Firestorm isn’t as clever as Johansen’s Eve Duncan series, but it offers some cheesy fun.
Firestorm Johansen rarely strays far from her formula: (1) A tough, damaged woman has a special gift -- in this case, it's Kerry Murphy, a fire survivor who...FirestormFictionIris Johansen Johansen rarely strays far from her formula: (1) A tough, damaged woman has a special gift -- in this case, it's Kerry Murphy, a fire survivor who...2004-04-02
Genre: Fiction; Author: Iris Johansen
Posted April 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!