Just in case you miss the much-hyped ”Friends” finale on May 6 – what, like you had other plans? – you’ll be able to see the episode again five days later when NBC releases it on DVD. The New York Post reports that an unusually quick turnaround will have the disc in stores by May 11. Normally, it can take years for TV shows to appear on DVD, and then only with an entire season’s worth of episodes. No doubt the single hour will appear eventually on a 10th-season DVD. But NBC is counting on the idea that viewers will be suffering from Central Perk withdrawal all summer, at least until Matt LeBlanc returns in the fall with his ”Joey” spinoff. After all, it’s not like you can see ”Friends” several times a day in syndicated reruns – oh wait, never mind…
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Comedian Jim Norton defends new 'Daily Show' host Trevor Noah in Time
- Producer Jason Blum talks about the new Joel Edgerton-Jason Bateman thriller 'The Gift'
- See all the names Kurt Cobain considered for Nirvana
- Just in time for hump day, Charlie Puth shares sexy 'Marvin Gaye' video with Meghan Trainor
- Morgan Spurlock 'shed a little tear' when Zayn Malik left
- Clint Eastwood circling Richard Jewell project
- Avril Lavigne: 'I thought I was dying'