Just in case you miss the much-hyped ”Friends” finale on May 6 – what, like you had other plans? – you’ll be able to see the episode again five days later when NBC releases it on DVD. The New York Post reports that an unusually quick turnaround will have the disc in stores by May 11. Normally, it can take years for TV shows to appear on DVD, and then only with an entire season’s worth of episodes. No doubt the single hour will appear eventually on a 10th-season DVD. But NBC is counting on the idea that viewers will be suffering from Central Perk withdrawal all summer, at least until Matt LeBlanc returns in the fall with his ”Joey” spinoff. After all, it’s not like you can see ”Friends” several times a day in syndicated reruns – oh wait, never mind…
Posted April 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' star slams TV Land for dropping show
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- Missy Elliott takes show into the crowd at Essence Fest
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!