Just in case you miss the much-hyped ”Friends” finale on May 6 – what, like you had other plans? – you’ll be able to see the episode again five days later when NBC releases it on DVD. The New York Post reports that an unusually quick turnaround will have the disc in stores by May 11. Normally, it can take years for TV shows to appear on DVD, and then only with an entire season’s worth of episodes. No doubt the single hour will appear eventually on a 10th-season DVD. But NBC is counting on the idea that viewers will be suffering from Central Perk withdrawal all summer, at least until Matt LeBlanc returns in the fall with his ”Joey” spinoff. After all, it’s not like you can see ”Friends” several times a day in syndicated reruns – oh wait, never mind…
Posted April 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing
- 'Supergirl' taps Jenna Dewan-Tatum as Lucy Lane
- Jenny Slate declares 'Climate Deniers Be Cray!' in new video
- Kevin Bacon talks 'Cop Car': 'I'm numb to s--- blowing up'
- 'Game of Thrones' recasts familiar role with 'Exorcist' star