Just in case you miss the much-hyped ”Friends” finale on May 6 – what, like you had other plans? – you’ll be able to see the episode again five days later when NBC releases it on DVD. The New York Post reports that an unusually quick turnaround will have the disc in stores by May 11. Normally, it can take years for TV shows to appear on DVD, and then only with an entire season’s worth of episodes. No doubt the single hour will appear eventually on a 10th-season DVD. But NBC is counting on the idea that viewers will be suffering from Central Perk withdrawal all summer, at least until Matt LeBlanc returns in the fall with his ”Joey” spinoff. After all, it’s not like you can see ”Friends” several times a day in syndicated reruns – oh wait, never mind…
Posted April 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!