Just in case you miss the much-hyped ”Friends” finale on May 6 – what, like you had other plans? – you’ll be able to see the episode again five days later when NBC releases it on DVD. The New York Post reports that an unusually quick turnaround will have the disc in stores by May 11. Normally, it can take years for TV shows to appear on DVD, and then only with an entire season’s worth of episodes. No doubt the single hour will appear eventually on a 10th-season DVD. But NBC is counting on the idea that viewers will be suffering from Central Perk withdrawal all summer, at least until Matt LeBlanc returns in the fall with his ”Joey” spinoff. After all, it’s not like you can see ”Friends” several times a day in syndicated reruns – oh wait, never mind…
Posted April 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication
- The 'Robot Chicken' cast can't stop talking about 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Mr. Robot' cast reveal how they recover from intense scenes
- Fox cuts 'Minority Report' order to 10 episodes
- 'Con Man' panel fulfilled our 'Firefly' dreams at New York Comic Con
- Clark Gregg on whether 'Agents of SHIELD' will ever encounter mutants
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine reunite for 'A Whole New World'