Just in case you miss the much-hyped ”Friends” finale on May 6 – what, like you had other plans? – you’ll be able to see the episode again five days later when NBC releases it on DVD. The New York Post reports that an unusually quick turnaround will have the disc in stores by May 11. Normally, it can take years for TV shows to appear on DVD, and then only with an entire season’s worth of episodes. No doubt the single hour will appear eventually on a 10th-season DVD. But NBC is counting on the idea that viewers will be suffering from Central Perk withdrawal all summer, at least until Matt LeBlanc returns in the fall with his ”Joey” spinoff. After all, it’s not like you can see ”Friends” several times a day in syndicated reruns – oh wait, never mind…
Posted April 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the first trailer for Bravo's 'The Real Housewives of Dallas'
- Ewan McGregor becomes a spy in 'Our Kind of Traitor' trailer
- 'Walking Dead' creator Robert Kirkman says the Morgan-Carol conflict 'is only beginning'
- New 'Star Wars' LEGO series heading to Disney XD
- How many of the bestselling albums of the past 25 years do you own?
- Kevin Costner has Ryan Reynolds' memories in 'Criminal' trailer
- Andrew Lincoln agrees his 'Love Actually' character is a ‘stalker’