Just in case you miss the much-hyped ”Friends” finale on May 6 – what, like you had other plans? – you’ll be able to see the episode again five days later when NBC releases it on DVD. The New York Post reports that an unusually quick turnaround will have the disc in stores by May 11. Normally, it can take years for TV shows to appear on DVD, and then only with an entire season’s worth of episodes. No doubt the single hour will appear eventually on a 10th-season DVD. But NBC is counting on the idea that viewers will be suffering from Central Perk withdrawal all summer, at least until Matt LeBlanc returns in the fall with his ”Joey” spinoff. After all, it’s not like you can see ”Friends” several times a day in syndicated reruns – oh wait, never mind…
Posted April 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hillary Clinton is officially the Democratic nominee for president
- 'Narcos': Run your own drug cartel in new mobile game
- Matt Damon says 'Rounders' writers have sequel idea
- Matt Damon reveals HBO didn't renew 'Project Greenlight'
- Amber Heard claims Johnny Depp has been 'stonewalling' divorce proceedings
- Of Mice & Men's Austin Carlile: 'I was clinically dead for three hours'
- Grammy Foundation to honor B.B. King with tribute