This party boy knows how to make songs boom. His single ”Tipsy” hammers a fat breakbeat out of ”We Will Rock You”-style bleacher stomps and claps, while ”Hood Hop” decorates oozing crunk with barbarian grunts. His rhymes are taunt-heavy (if your car’s nicer than his, he smirks at one point, he’ll empty a 9mm into your grille), but he undercuts them, cracking his voice and exaggerating his St. Louis slurr. The tough-guy act isn’t fooling anyone.
Hood Hop This party boy knows how to make songs boom. His single ''Tipsy'' hammers a fat breakbeat out of ''We Will Rock You''-style bleacher stomps and claps,...Hood Hop This party boy knows how to make songs boom. His single ''Tipsy'' hammers a fat breakbeat out of ''We Will Rock You''-style bleacher stomps and claps,...2004-04-02
Lead Performer: J-Kwon; Producer (group): Arista, So So Def
Posted April 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Empire': Lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming at youth detention center
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...