This party boy knows how to make songs boom. His single ”Tipsy” hammers a fat breakbeat out of ”We Will Rock You”-style bleacher stomps and claps, while ”Hood Hop” decorates oozing crunk with barbarian grunts. His rhymes are taunt-heavy (if your car’s nicer than his, he smirks at one point, he’ll empty a 9mm into your grille), but he undercuts them, cracking his voice and exaggerating his St. Louis slurr. The tough-guy act isn’t fooling anyone.
Hood Hop This party boy knows how to make songs boom. His single ''Tipsy'' hammers a fat breakbeat out of ''We Will Rock You''-style bleacher stomps and claps,...Hood Hop This party boy knows how to make songs boom. His single ''Tipsy'' hammers a fat breakbeat out of ''We Will Rock You''-style bleacher stomps and claps,...2004-04-02
Lead Performer: J-Kwon; Producer (group): Arista, So So Def
Posted April 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'NCIS: LA' sneak peek: Callen is going rogue
- 'Hindsight' canceled by VH1
- Listen to 'The Unauthorized O.C. Musical' cast sing 'California'
- Ellen Page says it's 'borderline offensive' to call actors brave for playing LGBTQ roles
- How 'Hannibal' was 'The Sopranos'
- Everything you need to know about 'The Unauthorized O.C. Musical'
- Michael B. Jordan may bare his fangs in MGM's 'Blood Brothers'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!