This party boy knows how to make songs boom. His single ”Tipsy” hammers a fat breakbeat out of ”We Will Rock You”-style bleacher stomps and claps, while ”Hood Hop” decorates oozing crunk with barbarian grunts. His rhymes are taunt-heavy (if your car’s nicer than his, he smirks at one point, he’ll empty a 9mm into your grille), but he undercuts them, cracking his voice and exaggerating his St. Louis slurr. The tough-guy act isn’t fooling anyone.
Hood Hop This party boy knows how to make songs boom. His single ''Tipsy'' hammers a fat breakbeat out of ''We Will Rock You''-style bleacher stomps and claps,...Hood Hop This party boy knows how to make songs boom. His single ''Tipsy'' hammers a fat breakbeat out of ''We Will Rock You''-style bleacher stomps and claps,...2004-04-02
Lead Performer: J-Kwon; Producer (group): Arista, So So Def
Posted April 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Will metal detectors keep our movie theaters safe?
- Matthew Fox is a post-apocalyptic DJ in 'Extinction' trailer – exclusive
- 'Hollywood Teen Medium' is an actual new TV show
- Gregg Sulkin brings all the boys to his yard on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Protestors chant Kendrick Lamar’s ‘Alright’ in support of #BlackLivesMatter
- Ask the Critic: Overlooked 2015 gems and the movies I wish I could review again
- Trevor Noah reveals Daily Show changes (including less Fox News focus)
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!