Finally, a new generation of kids can float away on the entrancing cartoon creation of Harry Nilsson (1941-94), the American singer-songwriter who counted the Beatles among his admirers. His TV special, with his story and songs and director Fred Wolf’s simple but pretty animation, centers on Oblio, a little boy with a round head stuck in a fairy-tale kingdom where everybody else’s head comes to a point. Ostracized for his difference and banished to the Pointless Forest, Oblio, accompanied by his dog, Arrow, has a eureka! moment: ”Everything we ran into had a point to it – the leaves, the trees… then I must have a point too!” Narrated by Starr (trivia note: Dustin Hoffman did the honors when it first aired on ABC TV), The Point is a prime example of mass-culture outreach by a countercultural artist (dig the psychedelic number ”P.O.V. Waltz”).
The Point Finally, a new generation of kids can float away on the entrancing cartoon creation of Harry Nilsson (1941-94), the American singer-songwriter who...The PointUnrated Finally, a new generation of kids can float away on the entrancing cartoon creation of Harry Nilsson (1941-94), the American singer-songwriter who...2004-04-02
Starring: Mike Lookinland, Ringo Starr; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted April 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!