Finally, a new generation of kids can float away on the entrancing cartoon creation of Harry Nilsson (1941-94), the American singer-songwriter who counted the Beatles among his admirers. His TV special, with his story and songs and director Fred Wolf’s simple but pretty animation, centers on Oblio, a little boy with a round head stuck in a fairy-tale kingdom where everybody else’s head comes to a point. Ostracized for his difference and banished to the Pointless Forest, Oblio, accompanied by his dog, Arrow, has a eureka! moment: ”Everything we ran into had a point to it – the leaves, the trees… then I must have a point too!” Narrated by Starr (trivia note: Dustin Hoffman did the honors when it first aired on ABC TV), The Point is a prime example of mass-culture outreach by a countercultural artist (dig the psychedelic number ”P.O.V. Waltz”).
The Point Finally, a new generation of kids can float away on the entrancing cartoon creation of Harry Nilsson (1941-94), the American singer-songwriter who...The PointUnrated Finally, a new generation of kids can float away on the entrancing cartoon creation of Harry Nilsson (1941-94), the American singer-songwriter who...2004-04-02
Starring: Mike Lookinland, Ringo Starr; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted April 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kelly Rowland wants to find the next Destiny's Child
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Diana Douglas, mother of Michael Douglas and ex-wife of Kirk Douglas, dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!