Known for their gnarly hair and feet, hobbits aren’t exactly stylish. But Lord of the Rings stars Billy Boyd (top) and Dominic Monaghan have shed their Tolkien funk for postmodern punk with Fauxhawks (modified Mohawks minus the oh-so-close shave). ”Usually people in bands or in fashion have that haircut,” says Gilda Pastena of NYC’s Pierre Michel salon (clients include Nick Lachey). So are hobbits hip? ”They’re young. They’re cool.”
Posted April 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- Hulu executive explains decision to pull '19 Kids & Counting'
- Mariah Carey calls 'American Idol' stint 'the worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy
- Hilary Duff shares the track listing for 'Breathe In. Breathe Out.'