Known for their gnarly hair and feet, hobbits aren’t exactly stylish. But Lord of the Rings stars Billy Boyd (top) and Dominic Monaghan have shed their Tolkien funk for postmodern punk with Fauxhawks (modified Mohawks minus the oh-so-close shave). ”Usually people in bands or in fashion have that haircut,” says Gilda Pastena of NYC’s Pierre Michel salon (clients include Nick Lachey). So are hobbits hip? ”They’re young. They’re cool.”
Posted April 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Five Questions From Transparent's Season 2 Premiere
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'