Webhead, meet bedhead. Tobey Maguire will go up against the scariest New York boss this side of J. Jonah Jameson on Thursday, when the ”Spider-Man 2” trailer debuts during ”The Apprentice.” According to USA Today, the full 2 1/2-minute clip will debut around 40 minutes into Donald Trump’s reality show, before appearing in theaters on Friday. Sony marketing chief notes that a trailer attached to the weekend’s top movie might be seen by only 4 million viewers, while 22.8 million watched ”Apprentice” last week. Whetting moviegoers’ appetites for the much-anticipated sequel (opening June 30), the trailer reportedly offers the fullest glimpse to date of Spidey’s new enemy, Dr. Octopus (played by Alfred Molina), a.k.a. Doc Ock, whose robotic tentacles grafted onto his body could allow him to have his fingers in even more pies than The Donald.
Posted April 5 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Barb from 'Stranger Things' to join Archie reboot 'Riverdale'
- Jimmy Eat World share soaring new rock song, 'Sure and Certain'
- 'Arrow': Thea makes date plans in exclusive season 4 deleted scene
- 'Warcraft' director is 'equally proud and furious' about the film
- Apollonia makes surprise appearance at 'Purple Rain' screening
- Anne Hathaway to star in Jenny Mollen’s 'Live Fast Die Hot'
- Rick Perry's 'Dancing With the Stars' run to help veterans