Webhead, meet bedhead. Tobey Maguire will go up against the scariest New York boss this side of J. Jonah Jameson on Thursday, when the ”Spider-Man 2” trailer debuts during ”The Apprentice.” According to USA Today, the full 2 1/2-minute clip will debut around 40 minutes into Donald Trump’s reality show, before appearing in theaters on Friday. Sony marketing chief notes that a trailer attached to the weekend’s top movie might be seen by only 4 million viewers, while 22.8 million watched ”Apprentice” last week. Whetting moviegoers’ appetites for the much-anticipated sequel (opening June 30), the trailer reportedly offers the fullest glimpse to date of Spidey’s new enemy, Dr. Octopus (played by Alfred Molina), a.k.a. Doc Ock, whose robotic tentacles grafted onto his body could allow him to have his fingers in even more pies than The Donald.
Posted April 5 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Here are all the featured artists on Kanye West's new album
- 'Deadpool' screenwriters 'trying to get a jump on' sequel
- Martin Shkreli wants to be the sole owner of Kanye West's new album
- See a preview of Kanye West's videogame, about his mother going to heaven
- Box office preview: 'Deadpool' to demolish 'Zoolander 2,' 'How To Be Single'
- Kanye West raps that he 'might still have sex' with Taylor Swift
- 'Destiny' sequel expected in 2017, major expansion coming this year
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996