Webhead, meet bedhead. Tobey Maguire will go up against the scariest New York boss this side of J. Jonah Jameson on Thursday, when the ”Spider-Man 2” trailer debuts during ”The Apprentice.” According to USA Today, the full 2 1/2-minute clip will debut around 40 minutes into Donald Trump’s reality show, before appearing in theaters on Friday. Sony marketing chief notes that a trailer attached to the weekend’s top movie might be seen by only 4 million viewers, while 22.8 million watched ”Apprentice” last week. Whetting moviegoers’ appetites for the much-anticipated sequel (opening June 30), the trailer reportedly offers the fullest glimpse to date of Spidey’s new enemy, Dr. Octopus (played by Alfred Molina), a.k.a. Doc Ock, whose robotic tentacles grafted onto his body could allow him to have his fingers in even more pies than The Donald.
Posted April 5 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel