Webhead, meet bedhead. Tobey Maguire will go up against the scariest New York boss this side of J. Jonah Jameson on Thursday, when the ”Spider-Man 2” trailer debuts during ”The Apprentice.” According to USA Today, the full 2 1/2-minute clip will debut around 40 minutes into Donald Trump’s reality show, before appearing in theaters on Friday. Sony marketing chief notes that a trailer attached to the weekend’s top movie might be seen by only 4 million viewers, while 22.8 million watched ”Apprentice” last week. Whetting moviegoers’ appetites for the much-anticipated sequel (opening June 30), the trailer reportedly offers the fullest glimpse to date of Spidey’s new enemy, Dr. Octopus (played by Alfred Molina), a.k.a. Doc Ock, whose robotic tentacles grafted onto his body could allow him to have his fingers in even more pies than The Donald.
Posted April 5 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- One Direction address Zayn Malik's exit: 'It's far from over'
- Jason Alexander to replace Larry David in 'Fish in the Dark' on Broadway
- Former 'Mad Men' stars talk saying goodbye and the 'brilliantly talented' Jon Hamm
- Watch Ed Sheeran surprise a couple on their wedding day
- Pentangle founding member John Renbourn dies at 70
- Taylor Swift is one of the 'World's Greatest Leaders,' according to 'Fortune'
- Box office preview: 'Home' faces off against 'Get Hard'
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!