Webhead, meet bedhead. Tobey Maguire will go up against the scariest New York boss this side of J. Jonah Jameson on Thursday, when the ”Spider-Man 2” trailer debuts during ”The Apprentice.” According to USA Today, the full 2 1/2-minute clip will debut around 40 minutes into Donald Trump’s reality show, before appearing in theaters on Friday. Sony marketing chief notes that a trailer attached to the weekend’s top movie might be seen by only 4 million viewers, while 22.8 million watched ”Apprentice” last week. Whetting moviegoers’ appetites for the much-anticipated sequel (opening June 30), the trailer reportedly offers the fullest glimpse to date of Spidey’s new enemy, Dr. Octopus (played by Alfred Molina), a.k.a. Doc Ock, whose robotic tentacles grafted onto his body could allow him to have his fingers in even more pies than The Donald.
Posted April 5 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Emily Ratajkowski is over 'Blurred Lines': 'It's the bane of my existence'
- Janet Jackson shares powerful new single, 'Unbreakable'
- ESPN extends Curt Schilling's suspension through MLB season
- Benicio Del Toro hints again at 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' involvement
- 'Key & Peele' prove Neil deGrasse Tyson can use his brain to get out of anything
- 'Arrow' first look: Check out Diggle's new super suit
- 'House of Cards' actor joins 'Luke Cage' as Cottonmouth
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!