Memo to Bill, Kwame, Amy, and Nick, the remaining contestants on ”The Apprentice”: Even if you wind up being the last person to hear Donald Trump say, ”You’re fired,” you can still get a leg up on your competitors with a high-profile corporate job. KFC announced Tuesday that it will offer the show’s runner-up a chance to get out of the firing pan and into the fryer. If the TV tyro tycoon accepts the job offer, he or she will start work April 19 as the fast-food chain’s Chief Sales Officer, a position that involves overseeing the campaign to launch the restaurant’s new line of oven-roasted chicken meals. Unfortunately, it’s a temp job that lasts only one week, but it does come with a $25,000 salary and a year’s supply of chicken. As for the other two finalists, they may also get sales jobs at KFC – behind the counter, asking if you’d like Original Recipe or Extra Crispy.
Posted April 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Hannibal' finale review: A perversely romantic, totally satisfying last supper
- Caitlyn Jenner discusses the realities of dating as a transgender woman in new 'I Am Cait' clip
- See how 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' created 'The Twins'
- Nick Jonas passionately lip-synced to ‘Let It Go’ at Demi Lovato’s pre-VMAs concert
- Vin Diesel teases a sequel to 'The Iron Giant'
- J.K. Rowling, Joyce Carol Oates, and more pay tribute to Oliver Sacks
- Box office report: 'Straight Outta Compton' wins again
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!