Memo to Bill, Kwame, Amy, and Nick, the remaining contestants on ”The Apprentice”: Even if you wind up being the last person to hear Donald Trump say, ”You’re fired,” you can still get a leg up on your competitors with a high-profile corporate job. KFC announced Tuesday that it will offer the show’s runner-up a chance to get out of the firing pan and into the fryer. If the TV tyro tycoon accepts the job offer, he or she will start work April 19 as the fast-food chain’s Chief Sales Officer, a position that involves overseeing the campaign to launch the restaurant’s new line of oven-roasted chicken meals. Unfortunately, it’s a temp job that lasts only one week, but it does come with a $25,000 salary and a year’s supply of chicken. As for the other two finalists, they may also get sales jobs at KFC – behind the counter, asking if you’d like Original Recipe or Extra Crispy.
Posted April 6 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!