How perfect for Brazil’s most sensual singer to take on America’s most swoon-worthy songs. In the first all-English album of Veloso’s decades-long career, he applies his velvety tones and samba-studded acoustic guitar to standards by Irving Berlin, Cole Porter, and Jerome Kern, while weaving in emerging classics from David Byrne, Bob Dylan, and even Kurt Cobain (a ravishing ”Come as You Are”). The results exude enough ardor to rate as classics themselves.
Lead Performer: Caetano Veloso; Producer (group): Nonesuch
Posted April 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother' single: Hear it here
- Disney Junior to intro Elena of Avalor, its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters