How perfect for Brazil’s most sensual singer to take on America’s most swoon-worthy songs. In the first all-English album of Veloso’s decades-long career, he applies his velvety tones and samba-studded acoustic guitar to standards by Irving Berlin, Cole Porter, and Jerome Kern, while weaving in emerging classics from David Byrne, Bob Dylan, and even Kurt Cobain (a ravishing ”Come as You Are”). The results exude enough ardor to rate as classics themselves.
A Foreign Sound How perfect for Brazil's most sensual singer to take on America's most swoon-worthy songs. In the first all-English album of Veloso's decades-long...A Foreign Sound How perfect for Brazil's most sensual singer to take on America's most swoon-worthy songs. In the first all-English album of Veloso's decades-long...2004-04-09
Lead Performer: Caetano Veloso; Producer (group): Nonesuch
Posted April 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on why the judges 'floored' him this week
- Christina Applegate is a terrible Meryl Streep in Funny or Die's Lifetime spoof
- Wrestling legend Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged in 1983 murder
- Meet Denise, Kermit the Frog's new love interest
- And the Oscar producing gig goes to...
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!