How perfect for Brazil’s most sensual singer to take on America’s most swoon-worthy songs. In the first all-English album of Veloso’s decades-long career, he applies his velvety tones and samba-studded acoustic guitar to standards by Irving Berlin, Cole Porter, and Jerome Kern, while weaving in emerging classics from David Byrne, Bob Dylan, and even Kurt Cobain (a ravishing ”Come as You Are”). The results exude enough ardor to rate as classics themselves.
A Foreign Sound How perfect for Brazil's most sensual singer to take on America's most swoon-worthy songs. In the first all-English album of Veloso's decades-long...A Foreign Sound How perfect for Brazil's most sensual singer to take on America's most swoon-worthy songs. In the first all-English album of Veloso's decades-long...2004-04-09
Lead Performer: Caetano Veloso; Producer (group): Nonesuch
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!