How perfect for Brazil’s most sensual singer to take on America’s most swoon-worthy songs. In the first all-English album of Veloso’s decades-long career, he applies his velvety tones and samba-studded acoustic guitar to standards by Irving Berlin, Cole Porter, and Jerome Kern, while weaving in emerging classics from David Byrne, Bob Dylan, and even Kurt Cobain (a ravishing ”Come as You Are”). The results exude enough ardor to rate as classics themselves.
A Foreign Sound How perfect for Brazil's most sensual singer to take on America's most swoon-worthy songs. In the first all-English album of Veloso's decades-long...A Foreign Sound How perfect for Brazil's most sensual singer to take on America's most swoon-worthy songs. In the first all-English album of Veloso's decades-long...2004-04-09
Lead Performer: Caetano Veloso; Producer (group): Nonesuch
Posted April 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- The Bachelorette: And the 'winner' is ...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing Wild West drama series Untamed
- Ann Rule, true-crime author, dies at 83
- 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Originals' add a bunch of new faces
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!