In Joel and Ethan Coen’s mad-as-a-hatter remake, Tom Hanks, sounding like a Southern gothic William F. Buckley Jr., draws on his caustic streak to play a creamily verbose mastermind. The laughs don’t always hit, but the heist plot meshes shrewdly with the Coens’ clockwork style.
Genre: Comedy, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Tom Hanks, Greg Grunberg, Ryan Hurst, Irma P. Hall, J.K. Simmons, Marlon Wayans; Director: Ethan Coen, Joel Coen; Author: Ethan Coen, Joel Coen; Release Date Wide: 03/26/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 104; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Touchstone Pictures
Posted April 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Everything you missed from Kanye West's 'TLOP' premiere
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996