Forget wrinkles. A sure sign we’re aging is that Big Bird is turning 35 (his publicist swears he’s not a day over 6). Our buddies from TV’s favorite hood are feting their milestone birthday with a prime-time special airing April 4 on PBS. Which got us thinking about what we’ve learned from our plushy pals since their 1969 debut: coping skills when Mr. Hooper died, acceptance of the ambiguously gay, counting to 12. So from us, Sesame Street, a toast. Go ahead. You’re old enough.
Posted April 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scandal' stars are back to work on season 6
- Eva Longoria dings Donald Trump at DNC: 'My father is not a rapist'
- 'Bachelorette': Wells gives 'spirited' episode recap on Snapchat
- Michelle Obama hits back at Donald Trump in powerful DNC speech
- Shannen Doherty shares breast cancer update after shaving head
- Paul Simon performs 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' at DNC
- Sarah Silverman to Bernie Sanders holdouts: 'You're being ridiculous'
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels