Forget wrinkles. A sure sign we’re aging is that Big Bird is turning 35 (his publicist swears he’s not a day over 6). Our buddies from TV’s favorite hood are feting their milestone birthday with a prime-time special airing April 4 on PBS. Which got us thinking about what we’ve learned from our plushy pals since their 1969 debut: coping skills when Mr. Hooper died, acceptance of the ambiguously gay, counting to 12. So from us, Sesame Street, a toast. Go ahead. You’re old enough.
Posted April 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!