Forget wrinkles. A sure sign we’re aging is that Big Bird is turning 35 (his publicist swears he’s not a day over 6). Our buddies from TV’s favorite hood are feting their milestone birthday with a prime-time special airing April 4 on PBS. Which got us thinking about what we’ve learned from our plushy pals since their 1969 debut: coping skills when Mr. Hooper died, acceptance of the ambiguously gay, counting to 12. So from us, Sesame Street, a toast. Go ahead. You’re old enough.
Posted April 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'