Forget wrinkles. A sure sign we’re aging is that Big Bird is turning 35 (his publicist swears he’s not a day over 6). Our buddies from TV’s favorite hood are feting their milestone birthday with a prime-time special airing April 4 on PBS. Which got us thinking about what we’ve learned from our plushy pals since their 1969 debut: coping skills when Mr. Hooper died, acceptance of the ambiguously gay, counting to 12. So from us, Sesame Street, a toast. Go ahead. You’re old enough.
Posted April 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Pioneering stand-up comedian Adrianne Tolsch dies at 78
- Jennifer Hudson's 'Hairspray Live!' performance had celebs cheering
- Relive 'Hairspray Live!' with all the best GIFs
- Jennifer Lopez teases 'Bye Bye Birdie,' NBC's next live musical
- Kristin Davis thinks the 'Sex and the City' story is 'not finished'
- The Weeknd will perform on 'The Voice' season finale
- 'Jeopardy!' contestant dies from cancer week before her episode airs
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot