Forget wrinkles. A sure sign we’re aging is that Big Bird is turning 35 (his publicist swears he’s not a day over 6). Our buddies from TV’s favorite hood are feting their milestone birthday with a prime-time special airing April 4 on PBS. Which got us thinking about what we’ve learned from our plushy pals since their 1969 debut: coping skills when Mr. Hooper died, acceptance of the ambiguously gay, counting to 12. So from us, Sesame Street, a toast. Go ahead. You’re old enough.
Posted April 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bruce Springsteen stops ‘Jersey Girl’ performance for a marriage proposal
- Rihanna teases VMAs performance with abstract art video
- Here's how they make those movie sex scenes so sexy
- Robert Gant talks romancing Debbie Gibson in 'Summer of Dreams'
- 'Southside With You' reviews: What critics are saying
- 'Rogue One' trailer gets 'Friends' treatment in mash-up video
- Drake sent Rihanna a message... on a billboard