Any Broadway producer worth his greasepaint will tell you there’s nothing like a pop star to spice up your long-running show. Apparently the folks at Rent took that literally; they went and got themselves an actual Spice Girl – Melanie Brown, the artist formerly known as Scary. ”I get to be a heroin addict. She’s very feisty, very vulnerable,” says the singer, who had been living in L.A. pursuing acting and writing an album in her kitchen. (”It’s just something for me,” she says.) Mel B. makes her Great White Way debut April 16; she’s signed through September. Now, where did I put that ”Girl Power” T-shirt?
Posted April 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Game of Thrones': Red Wedding actor breaks silence on surprise return
- 'Game of Thrones' producer on the return of THAT character
- Madonna fires back at BET after Twitter diss: 'I will shade you'
- Here's how Mindy Kaling pranked B.J. Novak on 'The Office'
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros host vow renewal at N.C. show
- Hugh Jackman congratulates class of 2016 with graduation throwback pic
- 'Kung Fury' director teases a sequel
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers