Any Broadway producer worth his greasepaint will tell you there’s nothing like a pop star to spice up your long-running show. Apparently the folks at Rent took that literally; they went and got themselves an actual Spice Girl – Melanie Brown, the artist formerly known as Scary. ”I get to be a heroin addict. She’s very feisty, very vulnerable,” says the singer, who had been living in L.A. pursuing acting and writing an album in her kitchen. (”It’s just something for me,” she says.) Mel B. makes her Great White Way debut April 16; she’s signed through September. Now, where did I put that ”Girl Power” T-shirt?
Posted April 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Carly Rae Jepsen teases new album after releasing 'E·MO·TION Side B'
- 'Game of Thrones' actor Jason Momoa now has his own Guinness beer
- When are the VMAs? And other burning questions answered!
- 'Documentary Now!': Laura Bell Bundy, Lennon Parham to guest-star
- Jimmy Kimmel pranks Kanye West fans with fake new Yeezys
- Hulu Hot List: The best book-to-screen adaptations
- See an exclusive first look at 'The Life and Death of John Gotti'