Any Broadway producer worth his greasepaint will tell you there’s nothing like a pop star to spice up your long-running show. Apparently the folks at Rent took that literally; they went and got themselves an actual Spice Girl – Melanie Brown, the artist formerly known as Scary. ”I get to be a heroin addict. She’s very feisty, very vulnerable,” says the singer, who had been living in L.A. pursuing acting and writing an album in her kitchen. (”It’s just something for me,” she says.) Mel B. makes her Great White Way debut April 16; she’s signed through September. Now, where did I put that ”Girl Power” T-shirt?
Posted April 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Ghostbusters' new car: Paul Feig reveals #whattheygonnadrive
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- 'American Idol Live!' tour photos: Let's go backstage!
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!