Lisa Kron is known for her one-woman shows – but this time she makes the ”mistake” of involving her mother. As the 42-year-old Kron tries to tell her diligently worked-out story, her armchair-loving mom (beautifully played by Jayne Houdyshell) interrupts, asking the audience if they’d like drinks and, of course, revealing embarrassing tales about her kid. (Clueless little Lisa decides it’s cool to go to school in gingham and a bonnet.) Her hilarious, deeply affecting play cuts to the core of the mother-daughter relationship. It also allows Kron to courageously and movingly confront the limitations of being a solo artist. (TC)
Well (Stage - 2004) Lisa Kron is known for her one-woman shows -- but this time she makes the ''mistake'' of involving her mother. As the 42-year-old Kron tries to tell...Well (Stage - 2004) Lisa Kron is known for her one-woman shows -- but this time she makes the ''mistake'' of involving her mother. As the 42-year-old Kron tries to tell...2004-04-09
Starring: Jayne Houdyshell, Lisa Kron; Director: Leigh Silverman; Opening Date: 03/16/2004
Posted April 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The slow, curious fade of the male pop star
- Final 'Dexter' book says farewell to serial killer Dexter Morgan
- Kel Mitchell talks return to Nickelodeon this fall in 'Game Shakers'
- Kevin Bacon, Neil Marshall, and the other Thor to attend Fantasia 2015
- Tatiana Maslany, Haley Joel Osment among cast for 'Locke & Key' audiobook
- Here's your best look yet at the very cool 'No Man's Sky'
- Bruce Campbell rides THAT '73 Delta 88 in 'Ash vs Evil Dead': New EW exclusive images
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!