Lisa Kron is known for her one-woman shows – but this time she makes the ”mistake” of involving her mother. As the 42-year-old Kron tries to tell her diligently worked-out story, her armchair-loving mom (beautifully played by Jayne Houdyshell) interrupts, asking the audience if they’d like drinks and, of course, revealing embarrassing tales about her kid. (Clueless little Lisa decides it’s cool to go to school in gingham and a bonnet.) Her hilarious, deeply affecting play cuts to the core of the mother-daughter relationship. It also allows Kron to courageously and movingly confront the limitations of being a solo artist. (TC)
Well (Stage - 2004) Lisa Kron is known for her one-woman shows -- but this time she makes the ''mistake'' of involving her mother. As the 42-year-old Kron tries to tell...Well (Stage - 2004) Lisa Kron is known for her one-woman shows -- but this time she makes the ''mistake'' of involving her mother. As the 42-year-old Kron tries to tell...2004-04-09
Starring: Jayne Houdyshell, Lisa Kron; Director: Leigh Silverman; Opening Date: 03/16/2004
Posted April 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!