Taking yet another page from Madonna’s career playbook, Britney Spears is planning her own ”Truth or Dare.” In Spears’ case, it’ll be a reality show, one that will offer a backstage glimpse at the lives of Spears and her ”Onyx Hotel” dancers, bodyguards, managers, and road crew, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Given the punning title ”OnTourage,” the show will follow Spears’ upcoming European tour, which starts April 27, for six episodes. Spears will produce, narrate, and even shoot some of the footage herself with a digital camcorder. No word yet on which channel might air the series (its $1 million per episode price tag is a sticking point for prospective buyers, according to the Reporter), but Spears hopes to have the show on the air by this summer. We’ll be TiVo-ing the episode with Kevin Costner.
(Britney Spears: Jackie Ward/ZUMA Press/Newscom)
Posted April 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Planned Parenthood applauds 'Jane the Virgin' for discussing abortion
- 'Inferno' director Ron Howard spills on the film's spooky sensibility
- 'Orphan Black' Facebook Live reveals 20 minutes of season 5 production
- Jeff VanderMeer's 'Borne': Read an exclusive excerpt
- Watch the official trailer for 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life'
- Why 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' is the perfect Halloween movie
- Laverne Cox punts to Nicki Minaj in 'Lip Sync Battle' clip