Taking yet another page from Madonna’s career playbook, Britney Spears is planning her own ”Truth or Dare.” In Spears’ case, it’ll be a reality show, one that will offer a backstage glimpse at the lives of Spears and her ”Onyx Hotel” dancers, bodyguards, managers, and road crew, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Given the punning title ”OnTourage,” the show will follow Spears’ upcoming European tour, which starts April 27, for six episodes. Spears will produce, narrate, and even shoot some of the footage herself with a digital camcorder. No word yet on which channel might air the series (its $1 million per episode price tag is a sticking point for prospective buyers, according to the Reporter), but Spears hopes to have the show on the air by this summer. We’ll be TiVo-ing the episode with Kevin Costner.
(Britney Spears: Jackie Ward/ZUMA Press/Newscom)
Posted April 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'