Taking yet another page from Madonna’s career playbook, Britney Spears is planning her own ”Truth or Dare.” In Spears’ case, it’ll be a reality show, one that will offer a backstage glimpse at the lives of Spears and her ”Onyx Hotel” dancers, bodyguards, managers, and road crew, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Given the punning title ”OnTourage,” the show will follow Spears’ upcoming European tour, which starts April 27, for six episodes. Spears will produce, narrate, and even shoot some of the footage herself with a digital camcorder. No word yet on which channel might air the series (its $1 million per episode price tag is a sticking point for prospective buyers, according to the Reporter), but Spears hopes to have the show on the air by this summer. We’ll be TiVo-ing the episode with Kevin Costner.
(Britney Spears: Jackie Ward/ZUMA Press/Newscom)
Posted April 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See the full 'Uncharted 4' behind-closed-doors E3 demo
- Unauthorized Melrose Place Story in the works from Lifetime
- 'Agent Carter' Comic-Con poster, season 2 hints revealed: Peggy lands in Hollywood
- ABC reviving 'To Tell The Truth'
- Robert Downey Jr., Paul Thomas Anderson nearing 'Pinocchio' remake deal
- Michael Keaton, J.K. Simmons exit 'Kong'
- Spring Awakening returning to Broadway—in sign language
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Beyoncé, LL Cool J, Taylor Swift & More!