Taking yet another page from Madonna’s career playbook, Britney Spears is planning her own ”Truth or Dare.” In Spears’ case, it’ll be a reality show, one that will offer a backstage glimpse at the lives of Spears and her ”Onyx Hotel” dancers, bodyguards, managers, and road crew, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Given the punning title ”OnTourage,” the show will follow Spears’ upcoming European tour, which starts April 27, for six episodes. Spears will produce, narrate, and even shoot some of the footage herself with a digital camcorder. No word yet on which channel might air the series (its $1 million per episode price tag is a sticking point for prospective buyers, according to the Reporter), but Spears hopes to have the show on the air by this summer. We’ll be TiVo-ing the episode with Kevin Costner.
(Britney Spears: Jackie Ward/ZUMA Press/Newscom)
Posted April 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Academy head on 'Birth of a Nation': People need to judge the movie
- Sam Mendes, Nick Hornby in talks for live-action 'James and the Giant Peach'
- Vincent D'Onofrio, Dean Norris join Eli Roth's 'Death Wish' remake
- Tim Kaine attacks Donald Trump for calling Hillary Clinton a 'bigot'
- Helen Mirren in talks for Disney's 'Nutcracker and the Four Realms'
- Eva Longoria to direct 'Jane the Virgin' episode
- Rio police charge Ryan Lochte with making false robbery report