Donald Trump’s casino holdings may be slumping, but he still found a quick way to double his money. According to the Los Angeles Times, the ”Art of the Deal” author has negotiated himself a raise for his starring role on NBC’s ”The Apprentice.” While NBC declined to discuss the figures, the paper cited sources as saying he would earn at least twice the $50,000 per episode he earns now. The deal covers the next two 16-episode seasons of the reality hit, so his on-camera take will add up to $3.2 million. That $100,000 per episode fee doesn’t make him the highest-paid primetime personality, as he has boasted (that would be Ray Romano, who earns nearly $2 million per episode of ”Everybody Loves Raymond”), but the deal doesn’t include his fee as a producer of the show or his take from merchandising. (Those new $14 ”You’re fired” coffee mugs could really add up.) By comparison, whoever Trump chooses as the ”Apprentice” winner on Thursday’s finale will earn $250,000 for a year-long stint at the Trump organization; now, The Donald will earn that sum just for saying, ”You’re fired” two and a half times.
Posted April 13 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jennifer Aniston confronts Vanessa Bayer over Rachel impression
- Donald Trump slams 'SNL' for sketch about his tweets
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big