Rachel worrying about getting too old to start a family, Joey being promoted on Days of Our Lives from coma patient to brain-transplant patient, Ross actually spending time with his son – only three years ago, but watching it feels downright nostalgic. Friends’ seventh season is far fresher than the show’s current ultra-sweet lead-up to the series finale, thanks to a combination of funny struggles (Monica strategizes to get a cheap wedding dress) and soapy moments (Rachel’s pregnancy revealed in the finale). EXTRAS Exec producers’ commentary on select episodes overflows with juicy tidbits; the gag reel and interactive ”Monica’s Wedding Book Challenge” are fun. And while ”Gunther Spills the Beans” is only a promo for season 8, we salute anything that gives props to the silent one.
Posted April 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- DreamWorks nabs film rights for Dennis Lehane's next novel, 'Since We Fell'
- Tracy Morgan does stand-up for first time since accident
- Mulder and Scully get animated in teaser for 'The X-Files' revival
- The most awkward 'Awkward' moments from 'The Big Reveal'
- Felicity Huffman's 'House of Moore' gets put pilot deal at ABC
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen are having a baby
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' premiere ratings high, but not as high as 'Freak Show'