Rachel worrying about getting too old to start a family, Joey being promoted on Days of Our Lives from coma patient to brain-transplant patient, Ross actually spending time with his son – only three years ago, but watching it feels downright nostalgic. Friends’ seventh season is far fresher than the show’s current ultra-sweet lead-up to the series finale, thanks to a combination of funny struggles (Monica strategizes to get a cheap wedding dress) and soapy moments (Rachel’s pregnancy revealed in the finale). EXTRAS Exec producers’ commentary on select episodes overflows with juicy tidbits; the gag reel and interactive ”Monica’s Wedding Book Challenge” are fun. And while ”Gunther Spills the Beans” is only a promo for season 8, we salute anything that gives props to the silent one.
Posted April 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- Katy Perry's Left Shark returns for Shark Week
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!