The title superhero is a tall, humongo freak with skin as red as tandoori chicken. He’s a hulk who can talk, but Ron Perlman’s performance is anything but heavy; he plays Hellboy with the airy, cynical shrug of a charming repairman. The result is a fun, if highly derivative, compendium of geek dreams.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Selma Blair, John Hurt, Ron Perlman, Rupert Evans, Doug Jones, Karel Roden; Director: Guillermo del Toro; Author: Guillermo del Toro; Release Date Wide: 04/02/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 120; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted April 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Critics' Choice Awards: Which movie should win Best Picture?
- Jude Law alarms everyone as 'The Young Pope' in tense new trailer
- 'SuperMansion' Christmas special introduces a maniacal Jim Parsons
- Michelle Obama will bid farewell to White House in Oprah interview
- 'This Is Us' casts 'Walking Dead' alum in recurring role
- Heat rises in J.R. Ward's vampire romance 'Blood Vow' excerpt
- Evanescence's Amy Lee reveals stories behind the songs
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday