The title superhero is a tall, humongo freak with skin as red as tandoori chicken. He’s a hulk who can talk, but Ron Perlman’s performance is anything but heavy; he plays Hellboy with the airy, cynical shrug of a charming repairman. The result is a fun, if highly derivative, compendium of geek dreams.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Selma Blair, John Hurt, Ron Perlman, Rupert Evans, Doug Jones, Karel Roden; Director: Guillermo del Toro; Author: Guillermo del Toro; Release Date Wide: 04/02/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 120; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted April 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!