The title superhero is a tall, humongo freak with skin as red as tandoori chicken. He’s a hulk who can talk, but Ron Perlman’s performance is anything but heavy; he plays Hellboy with the airy, cynical shrug of a charming repairman. The result is a fun, if highly derivative, compendium of geek dreams.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Selma Blair, John Hurt, Ron Perlman, Rupert Evans, Doug Jones, Karel Roden; Director: Guillermo del Toro; Author: Guillermo del Toro; Release Date Wide: 04/02/2004; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 120; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted April 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!