The title superhero is a tall, humongo freak with skin as red as tandoori chicken. He’s a hulk who can talk, but Ron Perlman’s performance is anything but heavy; he plays Hellboy with the airy, cynical shrug of a charming repairman. The result is a fun, if highly derivative, compendium of geek dreams.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Selma Blair, John Hurt, Ron Perlman, Rupert Evans, Doug Jones, Karel Roden; Director: Guillermo del Toro; Author: Guillermo del Toro; Release Date Wide: 04/02/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 120; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted April 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sesame Street' parodies THAT 'When Harry Met Sally' scene
- Jack Nicholson and Shelley Duvall lay out Beyond Fest lineup
- Marvel shares sneak peek at season 2 of 'Agent Carter'
- Are 'The Revenant' and other Christmas releases at risk of losing SAG voters
- Scott Van Pelt on new midnight 'SportsCenter'
- See an exclusive clip from bonkers Italian horror movie spoof 'The Editor'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star James Pickens Jr. joins Twitter
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!