The title superhero is a tall, humongo freak with skin as red as tandoori chicken. He’s a hulk who can talk, but Ron Perlman’s performance is anything but heavy; he plays Hellboy with the airy, cynical shrug of a charming repairman. The result is a fun, if highly derivative, compendium of geek dreams.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Selma Blair, John Hurt, Ron Perlman, Rupert Evans, Doug Jones, Karel Roden; Director: Guillermo del Toro; Author: Guillermo del Toro; Release Date Wide: 04/02/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 120; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted April 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dorothy and the gang get a 'high-fashion' upgrade for 'The Wiz Live!'
- Taylor Swift and Idris Elba among 2016 Met Gala co-chairs
- 'Fresh Off the Boat' scores full season order
- Sarah Silverman opens up about battling depression
- Kate Winslet to star as famed muse and photographer Lee Miller
- See the first teaser for the Jesse Owens biopic
- Vin Diesel breaks free of his chains in new 'Last Witch Hunter' clip
- 12 Instagram Photos of Pitbull Hanging Out with Celebrities
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6