Rahman is fabulously clever, and these eight absurd, linked stories suggest that he’d make a most amusing drinking buddy. So would his hero, the curiously named Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, a failed Pakistani actor and bad-guy star of America’s Most Wanted reenactments. Kareem’s first weakness is bourbon; his second, would-be ingenues. His ex-wife, Eileen, ”looked like coffee, pull-ups, and celery. She looked like an actress.” At times, Kareem’s drunken exploits – his impersonation of a Bosnian refugee, his segue into porn – are too silly for their own good. But Rahman has pop culture-speak deliciously down pat. When a coked-up, burned-out B actor brags about his latest project (”Think Dirty Dancing meets The Wizard of Oz for a drink, and they have a threesome with The Matrix”), you’ll want to slap Rahman on the shoulder and order another round.
I Dream of Microwaves Rahman is fabulously clever, and these eight absurd, linked stories suggest that he'd make a most amusing drinking buddy. So would his hero, the...I Dream of MicrowavesFictionImad Rahman Rahman is fabulously clever, and these eight absurd, linked stories suggest that he'd make a most amusing drinking buddy. So would his hero, the...2004-04-16
Genre: Fiction; Author: Imad Rahman
Posted April 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Former Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist John Frusciante releases free new music
- Stevie Wonder and Andra Day cover a Christmas classic in new Apple commercial
- Michael B. Jordan on boxing in 'Creed': 'Every punch is a line'
- 'The Man in the High Castle' postmortem: Episode 6, 'Three Monkeys'
- Fox News contributor gets death threats for mocking 'Star Wars' fans
- Glenn Danzig shares stories behind songs on new covers album
- See 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' come to life in 'Disney Infinity 3.0'
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year
- EW's 2015 Entertainers of the Year