Rahman is fabulously clever, and these eight absurd, linked stories suggest that he’d make a most amusing drinking buddy. So would his hero, the curiously named Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, a failed Pakistani actor and bad-guy star of America’s Most Wanted reenactments. Kareem’s first weakness is bourbon; his second, would-be ingenues. His ex-wife, Eileen, ”looked like coffee, pull-ups, and celery. She looked like an actress.” At times, Kareem’s drunken exploits – his impersonation of a Bosnian refugee, his segue into porn – are too silly for their own good. But Rahman has pop culture-speak deliciously down pat. When a coked-up, burned-out B actor brags about his latest project (”Think Dirty Dancing meets The Wizard of Oz for a drink, and they have a threesome with The Matrix”), you’ll want to slap Rahman on the shoulder and order another round.
I Dream of Microwaves Rahman is fabulously clever, and these eight absurd, linked stories suggest that he'd make a most amusing drinking buddy. So would his hero, the...I Dream of MicrowavesFictionImad Rahman Rahman is fabulously clever, and these eight absurd, linked stories suggest that he'd make a most amusing drinking buddy. So would his hero, the...2004-04-16
Genre: Fiction; Author: Imad Rahman
Posted April 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!