Carrey was the breakout star, but creator Wayans was the heart and soul of In Living Color, the sketch comedy series that brought hip-hop and irreverent black humor to the mainstream – the show made it acceptable to laugh at the white guy, even if you were the white guy. Such characters as unamused Homey the Clown and the Uncle Tom-ish Brothers Brothers comically pressed racial buttons but never offended its Sunday prime-time audience. She-he bodybuilder Vera De Milo and Anton, the homeless host of This Ol’ Box, are still laugh-out-loud funny, but other material is painfully dated (unless you can’t get enough of Arsenio and Milli Vanilli spoofs). EXTRAS Disappointingly sparse: a Fly Girls special, two useless episode commentaries with cast member Tommy Davidson, and a Wayans-free looking-back doc (he acrimoniously left during season 3). Please. Homey don’t play dat!
In Living Color: Season One Carrey was the breakout star, but creator Wayans was the heart and soul of In Living Color, the sketch comedy series that brought hip-hop and...In Living Color: Season OneUnrated Carrey was the breakout star, but creator Wayans was the heart and soul of In Living Color, the sketch comedy series that brought hip-hop and...2004-04-16
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted April 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Demi Lovato pays tribute to late father on anticipated fall album—exclusive details
- See the 'Halo 5' opening cinematic (with Nathan Fillion and Mike Colter)
- Eddie Redmayne becomes 'The Danish Girl' in film's first trailer
- Michael Fassbender rises to power in new 'Macbeth' trailer
- Janet Jackson kicks off world tour with new song featuring Missy Elliott
- Alison Mosshart details the Dead Weather's new album
- J.K. Rowling wishes James Sirius Potter a happy first day at Hogwarts
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!