In John Sayles’ Casa de los Babys (R, 96 mins., 2003, MGM), a group of wannabe moms are stuck in Latin American limbo, waiting for adoption papers and babies to take home. But off the set it was more like Casa de los Babes: Harden, Daryl Hannah, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Lili Taylor, Mary Steenburgen, and Susan Lynch lived together during the two weeks of filming. ”One girl would conduct yoga in the afternoon, we’d swim together, we’d play Scrabble or Celebrity,” Harden tells EW. In Babys, she plays Nan, an insensitive schemer with a combative personality – the opposite of her timid Oscar-nominated Mystic River role. But Harden’s fine with portraying unlikable women: ”I enjoy playing aggressive or opinionated,” she says. ”It adds fullness to the character.” Speaking of fullness, Harden’s now eight months pregnant with twins, and says the experience is ”incredibly joyful. I’d wanted to be pregnant for a long time – even when I was filming this movie.”
Posted April 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'
- How Patricia Arquette went from almost becoming a midwife to winning an Oscar
- Amazon's 'Mozart in the Jungle': See the exclusive season 2 trailer
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' gets its very own ice cream flavors
- Patton Oswalt joins new 'Mystery Science Theater 3000'
- 'Spotlight' team takes a bow at Gotham Awards
- 'Star Wars Battlefront': 'Battle of Jakku' content available today for pre-order players