In John Sayles’ Casa de los Babys (R, 96 mins., 2003, MGM), a group of wannabe moms are stuck in Latin American limbo, waiting for adoption papers and babies to take home. But off the set it was more like Casa de los Babes: Harden, Daryl Hannah, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Lili Taylor, Mary Steenburgen, and Susan Lynch lived together during the two weeks of filming. ”One girl would conduct yoga in the afternoon, we’d swim together, we’d play Scrabble or Celebrity,” Harden tells EW. In Babys, she plays Nan, an insensitive schemer with a combative personality – the opposite of her timid Oscar-nominated Mystic River role. But Harden’s fine with portraying unlikable women: ”I enjoy playing aggressive or opinionated,” she says. ”It adds fullness to the character.” Speaking of fullness, Harden’s now eight months pregnant with twins, and says the experience is ”incredibly joyful. I’d wanted to be pregnant for a long time – even when I was filming this movie.”
Posted April 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Marvel's 'Team Thor' Video Shows What He Was Up To During 'Civil War'
- Simone Biles wants to meet Kim Kardashian at the VMAs
- Idris Elba teases 'big chance' for more 'Luther'
- Charles Osgood retiring as anchor of CBS’ 'Sunday Morning'
- 'Spider-Man' star Tom Holland sends Chris Hemsworth a stunt challenge
- Kate Mara says she'd return for a 'Fantastic Four' sequel
- Aaron Paul's wife sent him the sweetest birthday message