There are ninja games and then there is Ninja Gaiden, the follow-up to the classic ’80s-era Nintendo title. Tecmo has done a nice job with this renewal project: The levels are satisfyingly expansive; the gameplay is fluid and fast (and fiendishly difficult). And maestros of mayhem will totally love the hero’s Cirque du Soleil-like dexterity, allowing him to slice and dice enemies while somersaulting around the room. Next to Gaiden, other fighting games are (very finely) chopped liver.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!