How much of a vengeful and selfish SOB can an artist be and still keep a wife and girlfriend in love with him? And to what ruthless ends will he go to keep the creative mojo flowing? Those are the minimally interesting intertwined themes of Morlang, a portentous and goopy Dutch drama directed by Tjebbo Penning, in which the holy agony of creative expression is accompanied by plinky music, and the wild Irish countryside is always kissed in mist. Paul Freeman, silvery villain of ”Raiders of the Lost Ark,” plays cold-blooded painter Julius Morlang, whose reaction to his (briefly cheating) wife’s diagnosis of terminal illness is, What does this mean to me me me? Penning makes heaven hold its breath while Morlang decides.
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Paul Freeman, Diana Kent, Susan Lynch, Joe Gallagher, Eric van der Donk; Director: Tjebbo Penning; Author: Petra Goedings; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Film Movement
Posted April 21 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Can’t Buy Me Love actress Amanda Peterson remembered by her mother
- Robert De Niro's 'The Comedian' finds a new director
- Who should play the young Han Solo in the 'Star Wars' spinoff? Vote now!
- Elodie Yung cast as Elektra in 'Daredevil' season 2
- Two more networks pull Bill Cosby reruns
- Subway drops Jared Fogle amid FBI investigation
- Grateful Dead's farewell shows earned estimated $55 million
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!