How much of a vengeful and selfish SOB can an artist be and still keep a wife and girlfriend in love with him? And to what ruthless ends will he go to keep the creative mojo flowing? Those are the minimally interesting intertwined themes of Morlang, a portentous and goopy Dutch drama directed by Tjebbo Penning, in which the holy agony of creative expression is accompanied by plinky music, and the wild Irish countryside is always kissed in mist. Paul Freeman, silvery villain of ”Raiders of the Lost Ark,” plays cold-blooded painter Julius Morlang, whose reaction to his (briefly cheating) wife’s diagnosis of terminal illness is, What does this mean to me me me? Penning makes heaven hold its breath while Morlang decides.
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Paul Freeman, Diana Kent, Susan Lynch, Joe Gallagher, Eric van der Donk; Director: Tjebbo Penning; Author: Petra Goedings; Release Date Limited: 04/23/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Film Movement
Posted April 21 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Everything you missed from Kanye West's 'TLOP' premiere
- 'Frozen' musical selects city for world premiere before Broadway
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996