How much of a vengeful and selfish SOB can an artist be and still keep a wife and girlfriend in love with him? And to what ruthless ends will he go to keep the creative mojo flowing? Those are the minimally interesting intertwined themes of Morlang, a portentous and goopy Dutch drama directed by Tjebbo Penning, in which the holy agony of creative expression is accompanied by plinky music, and the wild Irish countryside is always kissed in mist. Paul Freeman, silvery villain of ”Raiders of the Lost Ark,” plays cold-blooded painter Julius Morlang, whose reaction to his (briefly cheating) wife’s diagnosis of terminal illness is, What does this mean to me me me? Penning makes heaven hold its breath while Morlang decides.
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Paul Freeman, Diana Kent, Susan Lynch, Joe Gallagher, Eric van der Donk; Director: Tjebbo Penning; Author: Petra Goedings; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Film Movement
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Mystery roles for Julie Delpy and Linda Cardellini
- 'The Americans' bosses on Paige, her future, and the endgame after (spoiler!)
- Casting Net: Anna Kendrick joins Zac Efron in 'Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates'
- Will Ferrell, Kristen Wiig in Lifetime movie (no, really!)
- Kendrick Lamar goes back to Compton for 'King Kunta' video: Watch
- Katie Couric pulls off 'an amazing prank' on James Corden for April Fools' Day: Watch
- From People: Courteney Cox steals Erin Foster's socks in 'Barely Famous' clip