How much of a vengeful and selfish SOB can an artist be and still keep a wife and girlfriend in love with him? And to what ruthless ends will he go to keep the creative mojo flowing? Those are the minimally interesting intertwined themes of Morlang, a portentous and goopy Dutch drama directed by Tjebbo Penning, in which the holy agony of creative expression is accompanied by plinky music, and the wild Irish countryside is always kissed in mist. Paul Freeman, silvery villain of ”Raiders of the Lost Ark,” plays cold-blooded painter Julius Morlang, whose reaction to his (briefly cheating) wife’s diagnosis of terminal illness is, What does this mean to me me me? Penning makes heaven hold its breath while Morlang decides.
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Paul Freeman, Diana Kent, Susan Lynch, Joe Gallagher, Eric van der Donk; Director: Tjebbo Penning; Author: Petra Goedings; Release Date Limited: 04/23/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Film Movement
Posted April 21 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- See the Foo Fighters rock out with Blues Traveler's John Popper
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!