Will this Brazilian drama from director Hector Babenco (”Pixote”) make ”City of God” look like ”Oh, God! Book II”? It’s a full-throttle hardcore prison tale about the lead-up to a real-life uprising at São Paulo’s nastiest house of detention.
(Carandiru: Marlene Bergamo)
Posted April 22 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Estelle Laure's 'This Raging Light'
- 'Silicon Valley' star T.J. Miller on his 'absurd' HBO pilot 'The Gorburger Show'
- Casting Net: Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern in negotiations for 'Wilson'
- Natalie Portman relives 'dark moments' at Harvard in commencement speech
- Thom Yorke made an 18-day-long soundtrack, still not new Radiohead music
- 'Serial' set for two more seasons
- Jenelle Evans of 'Teen Mom 2': Arrest warrant