Will this Brazilian drama from director Hector Babenco (”Pixote”) make ”City of God” look like ”Oh, God! Book II”? It’s a full-throttle hardcore prison tale about the lead-up to a real-life uprising at São Paulo’s nastiest house of detention.
(Carandiru: Marlene Bergamo)
Posted April 22 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Titanfall 2's launch trailer lands with a big 'Bang Bang'
- Lady Gaga to perform at the 2016 American Music Awards
- 'This Is Us' star on tonight's ep: 'We meet Jack in the present day'
- Chris Martin sings with kids Apple and Moses at charity event
- Watch the trailer for 'I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House'
- Michael Phelps brings his Phelps Face to new 'Call of Duty' trailer
- ABC cuts 'Notorious' order, possibly first canceled show