Will this Brazilian drama from director Hector Babenco (”Pixote”) make ”City of God” look like ”Oh, God! Book II”? It’s a full-throttle hardcore prison tale about the lead-up to a real-life uprising at São Paulo’s nastiest house of detention.
(Carandiru: Marlene Bergamo)
Posted April 22 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Morgan' trailer: Kate Mara gets an ominous intro to artificial life
- Bonnaroo: The uncensored history of America's wildest festival
- Emilia Clarke sings 'MMMBop' in Dothraki
- The Bachelorette's JoJo Fletcher talks connection with Jordan Rodgers
- The Roots reenact an awkward scene from 'The Bachelorette'
- Shura releases new '80s-inspired track, 'What's It Gonna Be'
- 20 best songs of 2016 (so far)