That Christopher Walken plays a mortician is just great casting. That he puts the fun in funeral makes ”Betty” the July curiosity piece. While producing his Vegas-style send-offs, Walken manages to discombobulate a rival mortician (Alfred Molina) secretly pining for the title character, Betty (Brenda Blethyn).
(Undertaking Betty: Warren Orchard/ Miramax Films)
Posted April 22 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Valerie Harper hospitalized before performance in Maine
- NBC wants Beyonce for The Wiz (but there is no deal)
- 10 retro love song suggestions from breakout blues star Anderson East
- This is what it looks like when 1,000 people cover Foo Fighters' 'Learn To Fly'
- Caption this: Your best responses to our cheeky 'Walking Dead' photo
- Kurt Russell western 'Bone Tomahawk' chosen as Fantastic Fest closing night film
- See EWwy campaign posters for the best comedic actress nominees
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!