Heller’s latest trifle finds book publicist Amy forced to work on a self-help guide by her ex – best friend Tara – who, four years ago, stole Amy’s fiance and married him herself. Faced with Tara’s gushing about her dreamy home life, Amy tells the kind of lie that sets off wacky high jinks: She says she’s engaged, then recruits a bad-boy writer to play her fake fiance. The absurd plot is pleasing enough, but the dull prose reads like a screenplay treatment.
Best Enemies Heller's latest trifle finds book publicist Amy forced to work on a self-help guide by her ex -- best friend Tara -- who, four years ago, stole Amy's...Best EnemiesFictionJane Heller Heller's latest trifle finds book publicist Amy forced to work on a self-help guide by her ex -- best friend Tara -- who, four years ago, stole Amy's...2004-04-23
Genre: Fiction; Author: Jane Heller
Posted April 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- E! to air Joan Rivers tribute on one-year anniversary of her death
- See Nicole Scherzinger lose her mind over some 'freak of nature' magic
- 'You're the Worst' snags Echo Kellum in season 2
- President Obama documents his 'Running Wild' trip with Bear Grylls in selfies
- 'Are You The One?' season 3 trailer: See the new twist in action
- Theo Rossi joins 'Luke Cage' cast, Rosario Dawson will return as Claire Temple
- Garbage to reissue 20th anniversary edition of their debut album
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!