Carrie Snodgress, 57, who was Oscar-nominated for her portrayal of a frustrated adulterer in 1970’s Diary of a Mad Housewife, died of heart failure April 1 in L.A. In 1971, the actress walked away from her career to raise her son, Zeke, with then boyfriend Neil Young. She returned to films with a chilling performance in 1978’s The Fury and most recently appeared as suffragist Alice Paul’s mother in HBO’s Iron Jawed Angels.
Posted April 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 17 reasons ‘Ever After’ is the best Cinderella movie ever
- Critical Mass: What the critics are saying about 'Jason Bourne'
- 'TWD: Jeffrey Dean Morgan is swearing up a storm as Negan in season 7
- The Chanels are back in new 'Scream Queens' season 2 teaser
- 'Jason Bourne': Killer details about that crazy first action sequence
- WATCH: Matt Damon buys champagne for the stunt men he injures
- Donald Trump compared to famous movie bullies in DNC video