Carrie Snodgress, 57, who was Oscar-nominated for her portrayal of a frustrated adulterer in 1970’s Diary of a Mad Housewife, died of heart failure April 1 in L.A. In 1971, the actress walked away from her career to raise her son, Zeke, with then boyfriend Neil Young. She returned to films with a chilling performance in 1978’s The Fury and most recently appeared as suffragist Alice Paul’s mother in HBO’s Iron Jawed Angels.
Posted April 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' director reveals early design for Star-Lord's mask
- Idris Elba has 'nothing constructive to say' about Bond speculation
- Ava DuVernay responds to 'Gods of Egypt' casting apology
- Chrissy Teigen, more stars react to Planned Parenthood shooting
- 'Batman v Superman' star Henry Cavill adopts a bat named Ben
- James Wan shares new set photos from 'The Conjuring 2'