Carrie Snodgress, 57, who was Oscar-nominated for her portrayal of a frustrated adulterer in 1970’s Diary of a Mad Housewife, died of heart failure April 1 in L.A. In 1971, the actress walked away from her career to raise her son, Zeke, with then boyfriend Neil Young. She returned to films with a chilling performance in 1978’s The Fury and most recently appeared as suffragist Alice Paul’s mother in HBO’s Iron Jawed Angels.
Posted April 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- WATCH: Geena Davis recalls getting really drunk for 'Thelma & Louise'
- Garry Marshall’s 5 rules for making a rom-com
- 'Guilt': Watch the first trailer for Freeform's steamy new drama
- Pearl Jam play 'Ten' front to back in Philly
- 'The Originals' boss on the difficulties of killing a beloved character
- 'The Originals' boss on [spoiler]'s heartbreaking death, hope for Davina
- 'The Originals' victim 'cried' over that tragic death
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch