Carrie Snodgress, 57, who was Oscar-nominated for her portrayal of a frustrated adulterer in 1970’s Diary of a Mad Housewife, died of heart failure April 1 in L.A. In 1971, the actress walked away from her career to raise her son, Zeke, with then boyfriend Neil Young. She returned to films with a chilling performance in 1978’s The Fury and most recently appeared as suffragist Alice Paul’s mother in HBO’s Iron Jawed Angels.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Casting Net: 'TMNT 2' adds Brian Tee as bad guy Shredder
- 'Osbournes' won't reboot at VH1
- 'Chicago Fire/PD,' 'SVU' bosses on fatal crossover event
- Viola Davis will play Harriet Tubman in HBO movie
- Indie director Adam Wingard to tackle 'Death Note'
- Behold, Joe Manganiello's 'Magic Mike XXL' poster revealed
- Hailee Steinfeld cast to star in 'Break My Heart 1,000 Times' film adaptation