Carrie Snodgress, 57, who was Oscar-nominated for her portrayal of a frustrated adulterer in 1970’s Diary of a Mad Housewife, died of heart failure April 1 in L.A. In 1971, the actress walked away from her career to raise her son, Zeke, with then boyfriend Neil Young. She returned to films with a chilling performance in 1978’s The Fury and most recently appeared as suffragist Alice Paul’s mother in HBO’s Iron Jawed Angels.
Posted April 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Estelle Laure's 'This Raging Light'
- 'Silicon Valley' star T.J. Miller on his 'absurd' HBO pilot 'The Gorburger Show'
- Casting Net: Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern in negotiations for 'Wilson'
- Natalie Portman relives 'dark moments' at Harvard in commencement speech
- Thom Yorke made an 18-day-long soundtrack, still not new Radiohead music
- 'Serial' set for two more seasons
- Jenelle Evans of 'Teen Mom 2': Arrest warrant