Beneath its veneer of affluence and respectability, Kellerman’s Los Angeles is a cesspool of corruption and lies where ”savagery reigns.” In other words, it’s the perfect milieu for psychologist/police consultant Alex Delaware (in his 18th mystery) and world-weary detective Milo Sturgis to investigate four gruesome murders – several victims have been impaled – all seemingly connected to a popular Beverly Hills psychotherapy practice. The savvy duo confronts an array of sleazy characters, and their analysis of each suspect’s possible motive is often fascinating. That attention to detail also makes Therapy occasionally tedious. The suspense gets bogged down with Alex constantly mired in L.A. traffic jams (”Cars were queued up at the 101 on-ramp, so I took Olympic Boulevard, west”). Still, it’s a moderately entertaining thriller and not a bad way to pass the time while idling on your commute.
Therapy Beneath its veneer of affluence and respectability, Kellerman's Los Angeles is a cesspool of corruption and lies where ''savagery reigns.'' In other...TherapyFictionJonathan Kellerman Beneath its veneer of affluence and respectability, Kellerman's Los Angeles is a cesspool of corruption and lies where ''savagery reigns.'' In other...2004-04-23
Genre: Fiction; Author: Jonathan Kellerman
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside ID of Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!