When Bob Dylan sang, ”you go your way and I’ll go mine,” few thought that his path would lead to a lingerie commercial. And a rather creepy one, at that. Victoria’s Secret just began airing a spot that features the sexagenarian rocker and Brazilian babe Adriana Lima slinking around a palazzo in Venice, Italy, while Dylan’s ”Love Sick” plays in the background. So, why did the rock & roll legend appear in an ad for women’s underwear? According to Victoria’s Secret’s Ed Razek, it’s quite simple: He was asked. ”We called his management, they considered it, and he said yes.” As for why he agreed, no one knows but ol’ Zimmy himself. Dylan isn’t commenting, and Columbia Records only offered a statement: ”We think this is a great way to reach new fans with Bob’s music. We’re thrilled that he said yes.” And the kids, they love the undie rock.
Posted April 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Josh Gad Voices a Reincarnated Dog in 'A Dog's Purpose' Trailer
- Oprah Winfrey reveals a ‘Queen Sugar’ sex scene gave her an idea
- Clea DuVall on her directorial debut, 'The Intervention'
- DNCE explain the weirdest interpretation of 'Cake by the Ocean'
- 'Freaks and Geeks': John Francis Daley shares behind-the-scenes photos
- Billionaire Richard Branson nearly died in bike crash
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Arrow,' 'Grey's' and more