When Bob Dylan sang, ”you go your way and I’ll go mine,” few thought that his path would lead to a lingerie commercial. And a rather creepy one, at that. Victoria’s Secret just began airing a spot that features the sexagenarian rocker and Brazilian babe Adriana Lima slinking around a palazzo in Venice, Italy, while Dylan’s ”Love Sick” plays in the background. So, why did the rock & roll legend appear in an ad for women’s underwear? According to Victoria’s Secret’s Ed Razek, it’s quite simple: He was asked. ”We called his management, they considered it, and he said yes.” As for why he agreed, no one knows but ol’ Zimmy himself. Dylan isn’t commenting, and Columbia Records only offered a statement: ”We think this is a great way to reach new fans with Bob’s music. We’re thrilled that he said yes.” And the kids, they love the undie rock.
Posted April 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Will Ferrell 'not pursuing' role in Ronald Reagan Alzheimer's film
- 'Game of Thrones': Sam and Gilly 'setting out on their own path'
- Justin Timberlake gets in on the 'it's gonna be May' meme
- 'Elementary' finale sneak peek: What is Sherlock willing to sacrifice?
- Allison Janney returns to the White House for surprise briefing
- Ryan Reynolds pens tribute to young 'Deadpool' fan who died of cancer
- 'The Omen' prequel: 'Christine' helmer in talks to direct
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch