When Bob Dylan sang, ”you go your way and I’ll go mine,” few thought that his path would lead to a lingerie commercial. And a rather creepy one, at that. Victoria’s Secret just began airing a spot that features the sexagenarian rocker and Brazilian babe Adriana Lima slinking around a palazzo in Venice, Italy, while Dylan’s ”Love Sick” plays in the background. So, why did the rock & roll legend appear in an ad for women’s underwear? According to Victoria’s Secret’s Ed Razek, it’s quite simple: He was asked. ”We called his management, they considered it, and he said yes.” As for why he agreed, no one knows but ol’ Zimmy himself. Dylan isn’t commenting, and Columbia Records only offered a statement: ”We think this is a great way to reach new fans with Bob’s music. We’re thrilled that he said yes.” And the kids, they love the undie rock.
Posted April 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Amy Schumer is first woman to make Forbes' highest-paid comedians list
- WATCH: Sarah Paulson picks her weirdest 'American Horror Story' role
- Debra Messing hits the campaign trail after 'Will & Grace' reunion
- Leonardo DiCaprio's climate change doc 'Before the Flood' gets trailer
- Danny Brown drops new album three days early
- Kevin Kline to return to Broadway in Noël Coward's 'Present Laughter'
- 'Blindspot' star Sullivan Stapleton reacts to Weller's big news