When Bob Dylan sang, ”you go your way and I’ll go mine,” few thought that his path would lead to a lingerie commercial. And a rather creepy one, at that. Victoria’s Secret just began airing a spot that features the sexagenarian rocker and Brazilian babe Adriana Lima slinking around a palazzo in Venice, Italy, while Dylan’s ”Love Sick” plays in the background. So, why did the rock & roll legend appear in an ad for women’s underwear? According to Victoria’s Secret’s Ed Razek, it’s quite simple: He was asked. ”We called his management, they considered it, and he said yes.” As for why he agreed, no one knows but ol’ Zimmy himself. Dylan isn’t commenting, and Columbia Records only offered a statement: ”We think this is a great way to reach new fans with Bob’s music. We’re thrilled that he said yes.” And the kids, they love the undie rock.
Posted April 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel