When Bob Dylan sang, ”you go your way and I’ll go mine,” few thought that his path would lead to a lingerie commercial. And a rather creepy one, at that. Victoria’s Secret just began airing a spot that features the sexagenarian rocker and Brazilian babe Adriana Lima slinking around a palazzo in Venice, Italy, while Dylan’s ”Love Sick” plays in the background. So, why did the rock & roll legend appear in an ad for women’s underwear? According to Victoria’s Secret’s Ed Razek, it’s quite simple: He was asked. ”We called his management, they considered it, and he said yes.” As for why he agreed, no one knows but ol’ Zimmy himself. Dylan isn’t commenting, and Columbia Records only offered a statement: ”We think this is a great way to reach new fans with Bob’s music. We’re thrilled that he said yes.” And the kids, they love the undie rock.
Posted April 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?
- Lady Gaga to be honored by Grammy Museum
- CineFix ranks the 10 best final film shots of all time
- 'Project Runway Junior' winner gives advice to the adults
- Overlooked witness could have prevented conviction in 'Serial' case, expert says
- 'Supergirl' sneak peek: Watch Hank pretend to be Kara again
- President Obama pays tribute to Earth, Wind & Fire's Maurice White