Model, actress, TV sitcom muse – now Brooke Shields can add nonfiction author to her résumé. The Princeton-educated star signed a publishing deal to write ”Down Came the Rain: My Journey Through Post Partum Depression.” The book will trace the 38-year-old’s own experience with postpartum depression after she gave birth last May to daughter Rowan Francis. (Dad is TV writer Chris Henchy, whose marriage to Shields is the inspiration for his sitcom ”I’m With Her.”) ”By sharing my experience, I hope to shed light on a real, yet often hidden or ignored problem that affects women of all walks of life in varying degrees,” Shields said in a statement. ”I also hope that by being honest about the fear, shock, and shame I felt, it will help others avoid the pitfall of postpartum depression and open up a community of support.” Publishing the tome in spring 2005 will be Hyperion Books, whose corporate parent, Disney, also owns ABC, where Henchy’s ”I’m With Her” airs. Do we smell a Very Special Episode in the works?
(Brooke Shields: Tammie Arroyo/AP)
Posted April 27 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream' bosses on tragic first death and what's next
- '12 Monkeys' boss on that heartbreaking double loss
- Uhura, Sulu, Scotty prepare for war in new 'Star Trek Beyond' posters
- T.J. Miller's filibustering cracks Ellen DeGeneres up
- Bono joins Bruce Springsteen in Dublin for 'Because the Night'
- Stan Lee says he didn't go to strip club for 'Deadpool' cameo
- 'Harry Potter' star Matthew Lewis remembers Alan Rickman
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers