Model, actress, TV sitcom muse – now Brooke Shields can add nonfiction author to her résumé. The Princeton-educated star signed a publishing deal to write ”Down Came the Rain: My Journey Through Post Partum Depression.” The book will trace the 38-year-old’s own experience with postpartum depression after she gave birth last May to daughter Rowan Francis. (Dad is TV writer Chris Henchy, whose marriage to Shields is the inspiration for his sitcom ”I’m With Her.”) ”By sharing my experience, I hope to shed light on a real, yet often hidden or ignored problem that affects women of all walks of life in varying degrees,” Shields said in a statement. ”I also hope that by being honest about the fear, shock, and shame I felt, it will help others avoid the pitfall of postpartum depression and open up a community of support.” Publishing the tome in spring 2005 will be Hyperion Books, whose corporate parent, Disney, also owns ABC, where Henchy’s ”I’m With Her” airs. Do we smell a Very Special Episode in the works?
(Brooke Shields: Tammie Arroyo/AP)
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!