Clay Aiken will be anything but ”Invisible” on the concert circuit this summer. Having just wrapped his co-headlining tour with fellow ”American Idol” star Kelly Clarkson, the red-haired crooner will go it alone on a 28-date summer tour that, true to his down-home roots, includes eight dates at state and county fairs. According to his website, Aiken’s tour will begin July 8 in Grand Forks, N.D. and keep him on the road through Sept. 19 (Springfield, Mass.), with one final date a month later in Raleigh, N.C. He also has a pre-tour slot at radio station KIIS’ ”Wango Tango” show in Pasadena, Calif., on May 15, which will see him sharing a bill with such diverse acts as Janet Jackson, Jessica Simpson, JC Chasez, Maroon 5, Big Boi, Hilary Duff, J-Kwon, and ”Idol” reject William Hung. And to think we all laughed at the notion of Hung taking his place beside the other ”Idol”-minted stars.
(Clay Aiken: Andy Mead/Icon SMI/NewsCom)
Posted April 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bob Saget joins 'Fuller House,' says John Stamos in a tweet
- 'Wayward Pines' boss Chad Hodge talks episode 3: The Terrence Howard hymnal you didn't hear
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- '19 Kids & Counting' nix: Hulu exec says...
- Mariah Carey: 'Idol' was 'worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy