Clay Aiken will be anything but ”Invisible” on the concert circuit this summer. Having just wrapped his co-headlining tour with fellow ”American Idol” star Kelly Clarkson, the red-haired crooner will go it alone on a 28-date summer tour that, true to his down-home roots, includes eight dates at state and county fairs. According to his website, Aiken’s tour will begin July 8 in Grand Forks, N.D. and keep him on the road through Sept. 19 (Springfield, Mass.), with one final date a month later in Raleigh, N.C. He also has a pre-tour slot at radio station KIIS’ ”Wango Tango” show in Pasadena, Calif., on May 15, which will see him sharing a bill with such diverse acts as Janet Jackson, Jessica Simpson, JC Chasez, Maroon 5, Big Boi, Hilary Duff, J-Kwon, and ”Idol” reject William Hung. And to think we all laughed at the notion of Hung taking his place beside the other ”Idol”-minted stars.
(Clay Aiken: Andy Mead/Icon SMI/NewsCom)
Posted April 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Quantico' boss talks the agent vs. analysts dynamic, teases next week's episode
- Josh Stamberg on going full frontal on 'The Affair': 'It's a weird day at work'
- Did the 'Fear the Walking Dead' season finale satisfy?
- See the new trailer for Martin Scorsese's HBO series, 'Vinyl'
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine': The 9 best lines from 'The Funeral'
- How 'Blindspot' is hiding more clues in plain sight
- Goo Goo Dolls announce 'A Boy Named Goo' 20th anniversary release