Clay Aiken will be anything but ”Invisible” on the concert circuit this summer. Having just wrapped his co-headlining tour with fellow ”American Idol” star Kelly Clarkson, the red-haired crooner will go it alone on a 28-date summer tour that, true to his down-home roots, includes eight dates at state and county fairs. According to his website, Aiken’s tour will begin July 8 in Grand Forks, N.D. and keep him on the road through Sept. 19 (Springfield, Mass.), with one final date a month later in Raleigh, N.C. He also has a pre-tour slot at radio station KIIS’ ”Wango Tango” show in Pasadena, Calif., on May 15, which will see him sharing a bill with such diverse acts as Janet Jackson, Jessica Simpson, JC Chasez, Maroon 5, Big Boi, Hilary Duff, J-Kwon, and ”Idol” reject William Hung. And to think we all laughed at the notion of Hung taking his place beside the other ”Idol”-minted stars.
(Clay Aiken: Andy Mead/Icon SMI/NewsCom)
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen to write, direct, produce, and star in Freddie Mercury biopic
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- 'Daily Show': Trevor Noah's name floats as possible host; get a quick intro to his work
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Kate Mara, Sienna Miller & More!