Clay Aiken will be anything but ”Invisible” on the concert circuit this summer. Having just wrapped his co-headlining tour with fellow ”American Idol” star Kelly Clarkson, the red-haired crooner will go it alone on a 28-date summer tour that, true to his down-home roots, includes eight dates at state and county fairs. According to his website, Aiken’s tour will begin July 8 in Grand Forks, N.D. and keep him on the road through Sept. 19 (Springfield, Mass.), with one final date a month later in Raleigh, N.C. He also has a pre-tour slot at radio station KIIS’ ”Wango Tango” show in Pasadena, Calif., on May 15, which will see him sharing a bill with such diverse acts as Janet Jackson, Jessica Simpson, JC Chasez, Maroon 5, Big Boi, Hilary Duff, J-Kwon, and ”Idol” reject William Hung. And to think we all laughed at the notion of Hung taking his place beside the other ”Idol”-minted stars.
(Clay Aiken: Andy Mead/Icon SMI/NewsCom)
Posted April 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West shares Kim Kardashian's adorable birthday video during show
- Hillary Clinton to join Jennifer Lopez at her Miami concert
- WATCH: Jack Osbourne on his 'awkward, terrible years' on family's reality show
- Bianca Del Rio nabs comedy special, 'Not Today Bianca'
- NBC eyes 'Will & Grace' revival in wake of successful election short
- '24: Legacy' trailer views catching up with 'This Is Us' record
- Ang Lee on entering ‘unknown territory’ with high-tech 'Billy Lynn'