How’s this for paying off your debts? In a commercial now airing, director Brett Ratner (Rush Hour) – evidently under duress – calls the New York Film Academy ”the greatest film school in the universe, bar none.” Turns out, Ratner was playing a high-stakes poker game with NYFA director Jerry Sherlock (who exec-produced The Hunt for Red October) and Pierce Brosnan, star of Ratner’s upcoming After the Sunset, and the ad is the result. ”[Jerry] said, ‘If you win I’ll give you a Rodin statue,”’ Ratner explains. ”A Rodin. It was a big hand. I said, ‘Well I’m not going to give you a piece of art, so what do you want from me?”’ He convinced the director to ante up the ad. ”So I f – -ing lost…. He called my bluff.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Play as Batgirl in 'Batman: Arkham Knight' additional content
- 'Finding Neverland: The Album' to feature Nick Jonas, Jennifer Lopez, and more -- exclusive
- Miguel releases Wale-featuring 'Coffee (F---king)'
- Britney Spears, Iggy Azalea release 'Pretty Girls': Like it?
- Domhnall Gleeson teaches us how to pronounce 'Domhnall Gleeson'
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' to film at Pinewood Studios
- 'Blurred Lines' may get another trial
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!