The screening room of NYC’s members-only club Soho House boasts leather seats and champagne chillers. But the poshness is fitting during the Grand Classics film series (sponsored by The Week)a monthly event where stars and fashion designers introduce their fave movies. Past participants include Benicio Del Toro (Badlands) and Sofia Coppola (left, Darling); proceeds go to the American Film Institute, which preserves classic films. ”[Camille is] my favorite sort of love story,” says Natalie Portman, host of April 13’s showing of the Garbo weepie, attended by the likes of designer Zac Posen. ”The one that never really gets to happen.”
Posted April 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' season 7 winner talks about being the 'shadiest queen'
- Robin Williams' wife, children continue to sort out issues over late actor's estate
- Icona Pop join One Direction on their U.S. tour
- Caitlyn Jenner's mom: 'She's beautiful'
- St. Vincent OK after fall off speakers
- Eddie Redmayne set for 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Justice Department ramps up its investigation of theater chains
- 18 CBS star portraits from summer/fall shows
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Charlize & Seth, Alessandro & Bradley, Gwen Stefani and More!