The screening room of NYC’s members-only club Soho House boasts leather seats and champagne chillers. But the poshness is fitting during the Grand Classics film series (sponsored by The Week)a monthly event where stars and fashion designers introduce their fave movies. Past participants include Benicio Del Toro (Badlands) and Sofia Coppola (left, Darling); proceeds go to the American Film Institute, which preserves classic films. ”[Camille is] my favorite sort of love story,” says Natalie Portman, host of April 13’s showing of the Garbo weepie, attended by the likes of designer Zac Posen. ”The one that never really gets to happen.”
Posted April 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A look back at the time 'Silence of the Lambs' won big at the Oscars
- Happy Valentine's Day! Read highlights from Aziz Ansari's 'Modern Romance'
- 'The Walking Dead' showrunner previews introduction of the Hilltop
- Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' has finally arrived
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll