The screening room of NYC’s members-only club Soho House boasts leather seats and champagne chillers. But the poshness is fitting during the Grand Classics film series (sponsored by The Week)a monthly event where stars and fashion designers introduce their fave movies. Past participants include Benicio Del Toro (Badlands) and Sofia Coppola (left, Darling); proceeds go to the American Film Institute, which preserves classic films. ”[Camille is] my favorite sort of love story,” says Natalie Portman, host of April 13’s showing of the Garbo weepie, attended by the likes of designer Zac Posen. ”The one that never really gets to happen.”
Posted April 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Drake is releasing more new music in December
- Charlie Puth cancels remainder of tour due to sickness
- Universal Studios Japan is getting an entire 'Minions'-themed area
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat