The screening room of NYC’s members-only club Soho House boasts leather seats and champagne chillers. But the poshness is fitting during the Grand Classics film series (sponsored by The Week)a monthly event where stars and fashion designers introduce their fave movies. Past participants include Benicio Del Toro (Badlands) and Sofia Coppola (left, Darling); proceeds go to the American Film Institute, which preserves classic films. ”[Camille is] my favorite sort of love story,” says Natalie Portman, host of April 13’s showing of the Garbo weepie, attended by the likes of designer Zac Posen. ”The one that never really gets to happen.”
Posted April 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Anne Hathaway is pregnant
- New look at 'Batman v Superman' will debut during 'Gotham' fall finale
- Daniel Radcliffe says he was 'not wanking' on set of 'Harry Potter'
- Matthew Weiner will direct an episode of 'Orange is the New Black'
- Deathwatch Winter TV Survival Odds
- M.I.A. follows group of refugees in powerful 'Borders' video
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'The Flash,' 'HTGAWM,' 'Arrow,' & more