The screening room of NYC’s members-only club Soho House boasts leather seats and champagne chillers. But the poshness is fitting during the Grand Classics film series (sponsored by The Week)a monthly event where stars and fashion designers introduce their fave movies. Past participants include Benicio Del Toro (Badlands) and Sofia Coppola (left, Darling); proceeds go to the American Film Institute, which preserves classic films. ”[Camille is] my favorite sort of love story,” says Natalie Portman, host of April 13’s showing of the Garbo weepie, attended by the likes of designer Zac Posen. ”The one that never really gets to happen.”
Posted April 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See the funny, scary opening credits for 'Scream Queens'
- What Derek Hough thinks of new 'DWTS' partner Bindi Irwin
- See the most popular passages from every single 'Outlander' book
- Yo La Tengo on making a sequel to their revered album 'Fakebook'
- Netflix's 'Lady Dynamite' adds Patton Oswalt, Sarah Silverman to guest cast
- See exclusive new art from 'The Angry Birds Movie'
- Heavy metal meets demonic mayhem in 'Deathgasm' trailer
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!