Actor John C. Reilly walked off the Trollhattan, Sweden, set of Lars von Trier’s Dogville follow-up, Manderlay, in late March when he learned that an upcoming scene involved the slaughter of a donkey for food. The film’s producer says the animal – who was old and not expected to live much longer was killed off camera by a certified veterinarian, in accordance with Swedish law. Reilly, who was unavailable for comment, was replaced by Zeljko Ivanek (Unfaithful).
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'New Girl' react: A modest proposal
- 'New Girl' boss on that season finale shocker--and what's next
- 'Law & Order: SVU' welcomes back familiar faces; get the scoop, watch a sneak peek
- 'Infinite Horizon': 'Arrow'/'Flash' man at helm
- 'The D Train' co-directors share secrets on THAT Jack Black, James Marsden scene
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!