Actor John C. Reilly walked off the Trollhattan, Sweden, set of Lars von Trier’s Dogville follow-up, Manderlay, in late March when he learned that an upcoming scene involved the slaughter of a donkey for food. The film’s producer says the animal – who was old and not expected to live much longer was killed off camera by a certified veterinarian, in accordance with Swedish law. Reilly, who was unavailable for comment, was replaced by Zeljko Ivanek (Unfaithful).
Posted April 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bob Saget joins 'Fuller House,' says John Stamos in a tweet
- 'Wayward Pines' boss Chad Hodge talks episode 3: The Terrence Howard hymnal you didn't hear
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- '19 Kids & Counting' nix: Hulu exec says...
- Mariah Carey: 'Idol' was 'worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy