Actor John C. Reilly walked off the Trollhattan, Sweden, set of Lars von Trier’s Dogville follow-up, Manderlay, in late March when he learned that an upcoming scene involved the slaughter of a donkey for food. The film’s producer says the animal – who was old and not expected to live much longer was killed off camera by a certified veterinarian, in accordance with Swedish law. Reilly, who was unavailable for comment, was replaced by Zeljko Ivanek (Unfaithful).
Posted April 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Comic-Con: 'South Park' creators won't do another Pokémon episode
- Comic-Con 2016: ‘Scream Queens’ boss teases ‘bloodier and funnier’ season 2
- LISTEN: Jamie Lee Curtis: ‘Everyone is an a—hole' on 'Scream Queens'
- WATCH: See the new trailer for the secret 'Blair Witch' sequel
- 'Ms. Marvel' co-creator on helping to make comics more diverse
- 'iZombie' panel reveals Robert Knepper's return as Blaine's dad
- John Lewis on civil rights leaders: 'We didn't hate'