Actor John C. Reilly walked off the Trollhattan, Sweden, set of Lars von Trier’s Dogville follow-up, Manderlay, in late March when he learned that an upcoming scene involved the slaughter of a donkey for food. The film’s producer says the animal – who was old and not expected to live much longer was killed off camera by a certified veterinarian, in accordance with Swedish law. Reilly, who was unavailable for comment, was replaced by Zeljko Ivanek (Unfaithful).
Posted April 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors
- Cecilia Hart, wife of James Earl Jones, dies at 68
- Tom Cruise, Jude Law compare on-set underwater breath-holding stories