”The air rushed out of the room.” It’s a common and all-too-effective cliche of the modern suspense thriller, and Coben has fashioned a story full of them: the mysterious photograph that causes a loving husband and father to leave suddenly in the night; his restless, resilient suburban wife – with the haunting, traumatic past – who tries to find him; the ruthless assassin who can kill with a touch; the nosy neighbor; the Mob boss; and even the generic, meaningless title. Coben proves his nimble, knowing grasp of plot and pace, juggling as many as seven plotlines while still imparting a healthy backstory to cameo characters. You’ll read it in a day, maybe two; it’s fresh fast food in a cup-of-ramen world.
Just One Look ''The air rushed out of the room.'' It's a common and all-too-effective cliche of the modern suspense thriller, and Coben has fashioned a story full...Just One LookFiction, Mystery and ThrillerHarlan Coben ''The air rushed out of the room.'' It's a common and all-too-effective cliche of the modern suspense thriller, and Coben has fashioned a story full...2004-04-30
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Harlan Coben
Posted April 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!