”The air rushed out of the room.” It’s a common and all-too-effective cliche of the modern suspense thriller, and Coben has fashioned a story full of them: the mysterious photograph that causes a loving husband and father to leave suddenly in the night; his restless, resilient suburban wife – with the haunting, traumatic past – who tries to find him; the ruthless assassin who can kill with a touch; the nosy neighbor; the Mob boss; and even the generic, meaningless title. Coben proves his nimble, knowing grasp of plot and pace, juggling as many as seven plotlines while still imparting a healthy backstory to cameo characters. You’ll read it in a day, maybe two; it’s fresh fast food in a cup-of-ramen world.
Just One Look ''The air rushed out of the room.'' It's a common and all-too-effective cliche of the modern suspense thriller, and Coben has fashioned a story full...Just One LookFiction, Mystery and ThrillerHarlan Coben ''The air rushed out of the room.'' It's a common and all-too-effective cliche of the modern suspense thriller, and Coben has fashioned a story full...2004-04-30
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Harlan Coben
Posted April 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!