Two months after NBC scored the rights to The Contender, a Survivor-meets-Rocky boxing show from exec producers Mark Burnett and Sylvester Stallone, bitter Burnett bidder Fox is trying to beat NBC’s ‘05-slated series to the punch. The Next Great Champ, a similar prizefighting project with Oscar de la Hoya, is stepping into the ring for Fox this fall. ”Frankly, I don’t know what The Contender is, and I don’t care to know,” says David Goldberg of Endemol USA, which is producing Champ. (NBC ducked calls for comment.) Go to your corners and come out fighting!
Posted April 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Adele photobomb fans in 'Live in London' concert special
- Ben Stiller on the death of his mother, Anne Meara: 'It affects me constantly'
- Paul Rudd & Steve Coogan to play a couple in 'An Ideal Home'
- Chris Rock brings the wine for a Shondaland Oscars in new promos
- Betty White gives 'Deadpool' four 'Golden Girls' in profanity-filled review
- Kanye West tweets about ‘The Life of Pablo’ delay
- See Justin Timberlake's cover of Bell Biv DeVoe's 'Poison'