Two months after NBC scored the rights to The Contender, a Survivor-meets-Rocky boxing show from exec producers Mark Burnett and Sylvester Stallone, bitter Burnett bidder Fox is trying to beat NBC’s ‘05-slated series to the punch. The Next Great Champ, a similar prizefighting project with Oscar de la Hoya, is stepping into the ring for Fox this fall. ”Frankly, I don’t know what The Contender is, and I don’t care to know,” says David Goldberg of Endemol USA, which is producing Champ. (NBC ducked calls for comment.) Go to your corners and come out fighting!
Posted April 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ryan Lochte is 'Drunk Frat Boy' in parody song of Rio robbery apology
- Fox News host calls Red Hot Chili Peppers 'worst band on the planet'
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual
- 'Dead of Summer' unveils killer Amy twist
- Former Miss Universe becomes U.S. citizen to vote against Donald Trump
- 'Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders' trailer: Vintage villains are back
- Amy Schumer met Beyoncé at the Met Gala, but still left early